Rumor Escape Rooms Under Development for Polynesian

WDW Pro

Original Poster
First thread in a very long time. :)

I just wanted to pass on some information I received from a third party vendor. It would seem that the escape room concept is being developed once again after a pause for the past year and half. I'm told there are no plans for a theme park version, but the Polynesian seems to be the target spot. Surprisingly, Saratoga is also a potential spot, but it may be farther out in development / release date. Expect the escape rooms at the Polynesian to follow the S.E.A. theme and narrative. It's likely to be a perk for Polynesian guests and a paid additional option for all other guests, but I don't think monetization plans have been finalized.

Enjoy the rumor, and take it with only 13% salt.

Magic Feather

First thread in a very long time. :)

I just wanted to pass on some information I received from a third party vendor. It would seem that the escape room concept is being developed once again after a pause for the past year and half. I'm told there are no plans for a theme park version, but the Polynesian seems to be the target spot. Surprisingly, Saratoga is also a potential spot, but it may be farther out in development / release date. Expect the escape rooms at the Polynesian to follow the S.E.A. theme and narrative. It's likely to be a perk for Polynesian guests and a paid additional option for all other guests, but I don't think monetization plans have been finalized.

Enjoy the rumor, and take it with only 13% salt.
Have we done this rumor before? This thread is giving me major deja vu.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Have we done this rumor before? This thread is giving me major deja vu.

Something along the lines of this?

Since they seem to be done with for at least the next few years, here are the specifics I know.

The story at the Saratoga Springs resort was going to be that the Adventurers Club from Pleasure Island washed away in a storm and drifted across the lake to Saratoga Springs. It would have had original, and replica props from the Adventurers Club. The idea was not to escape, but to find Bleehall’s lost treasure before the waters of the lake sunk it to the bottom. This was the most far along in development. Props and puzzles for this one were in early testing.

The next was at the Polynesian, it was going to deal with Trader Sam and a tiki god (NOT Maui) created at a pact for Trader Sam to live forever. The purpose of this room was to help Trader Sam keep the pact, but it didn't matter if you won or lost, Trader Sam would always live forever. The concept for this one was designed, but there were few puzzles/props actually developed.

The third was a generic sports themed room for All Star Sports. Little was done with this.

The idea was to have one at a DVC resort (of course), one at a Deluxe resort, and one at a Value resort. Moderates would have been brought into it later if things worked out.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
https://.com/2021/03/disney-files-patent-for-new-multimedia-show-system/

What if it was an escape room with this?
1627600686673.png

A show system or in-room entertainment or show system configured to provide engaging and immersive multimedia shows or presentations in nearly any space (or “room”) that is defined by one or more walls. The in-room show system generally includes a controller for selectively operating a display device (e.g., a television or the like), a video projector, an audio system (eg., one or more speakers), and other show components (e.g., one or more lights, a fan, a mechanical device, and so on). Media content is predefined for the room, and the controller operates (such as in response to a triggering switch or remote control device that may take the form of a show prop activated by someone in the room) to serve the media content to tell a story and/or magically transform the space into a multidimensional and immersive entertainments pace.
1627600745430.png

doctornick

As I’m sure I said when the rumor first popped up, sounds cool. Seems like an easy way to add to resort experiences while also bringing in revenue which surely the suits would like. If they are well done and potentially repeatable they can be the kind of things that generates positive press for Disney.

Personally, I’m happy for anything that brings back more of the Vacation Kingdom vibe where not everything revolves around the parks.

Weather_Lady

I'm surprised Disney Springs doesn't already have some - it's the perfect locale for that kind of entertainment.

My family are huge Escape Room fans. We do one or two every time we stay at Universal, as there are several nearby on International Blvd. that are excellent. If Disney had any, we'd be all about it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom