Rumor Escape Rooms Under Development for Polynesian

I miss Disney Quest. It had so much promise, fell so short, but I have fond memories of all the old arcade cabinets on the top floor.
Yes! It always reminded me of being in the show Nick Arcade but live. There is so much they could do with it and have IP related to gaming. They could have reinvented Kingdom Hearts, done escape rooms, Onward RPG opportunities. Or what a cool way to test new technology. I loved Disney Quest so much and it was its time I just wish it had been updated instead of scratched.

In the Parks
Yes
I would definitely love to see the escape room concept come to Disney hotels; to me it'd just be one more thing you have the option to partake in on a hotel day, like trivia/games at the pool or movie night.

Having said that, if they make the experience private by default (e.g. not grouping parties together) I get way less interested in the concept - I enjoy making new friends!

Yes! It always reminded me of being in the show Nick Arcade but live. There is so much they could do with it and have IP related to gaming. They could have reinvented Kingdom Hearts, done escape rooms, Onward RPG opportunities. Or what a cool way to test new technology. I loved Disney Quest so much and it was its time I just wish it had been updated instead of scratched.
Not to derail this into a Disney Quest thread, but I very much question that it was its 'time.'

If you look at Disney Quest as what it actually was - a Disney-branded Family Entertainment Center prototype that could be deployed to cities around the country - that business model was having something of a renaissance in the 2010s with trampoline parks going from a niche thing to a nationwide phenomenon and then expanding into a more diversified play center with the addition of non-trampoline attractions. (To get back to the original topic, escape rooms themselves weren't really a thing until the early 2010s and I believe the initial round of escape room rumors dovetailed with the timeline for squashing DQ.)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you look at Disney Quest as what it actually was - a Disney-branded Family Entertainment Center prototype that could be deployed to cities around the country - that business model was having something of a renaissance in the 2010s with trampoline parks going from a niche thing to a nationwide phenomenon and then expanding into a more diversified play center with the addition of non-trampoline attractions. (To get back to the original topic, escape rooms themselves weren't really a thing until the early 2010s and I believe the initial round of escape room rumors dovetailed with the timeline for squashing DQ.)
We have a Round One that took over the ground floor of a former Sears in our local mall, and that concept seemed pretty well accepted. There were no escape rooms, but tons of arcade machines and bowling lanes along with a food/drink venue.

Unfortunately, it opened about a year before Covid hit, so I don't know if it was able to keep a fan base in the interregnum.

cslafferty

Iā€™m sorry . . . Am I the only one that doesnā€™t get this? I mean, Iā€™ve just spent $$$$$ and months planning a Disney vacation . . . I can find an escape room within 10 miles of my house . . . Why would I waste my Disney time in one there? When weā€™re at Disney, weā€™re either at the parks, in the pool, eating or sleeping. The ONLY time I MIGHT consider doing an escape room there is if thereā€™s a hurricane warning and weā€™re stuck in our resort!

I was thinking of it as a more Disney springs evening. Whenever I go to Disney I always have an afternoon or evening at Disney Springs. Sort of a recharge night. Thatā€™s what I was thinking or a rainy day option.

dreamfinder

Iā€™m sorry . . . Am I the only one that doesnā€™t get this? I mean, Iā€™ve just spent $$$$$ and months planning a Disney vacation . . . I can find an escape room within 10 miles of my house . . . Why would I waste my Disney time in one there? When weā€™re at Disney, weā€™re either at the parks, in the pool, eating or sleeping. The ONLY time I MIGHT consider doing an escape room there is if thereā€™s a hurricane warning and weā€™re stuck in our resort!

Believe that one of the reasons that has been touted in the past is for corporate team building stuff. But there are plenty of people who look to do other things while at WDW besides just the parks. IE horseback rides at WDW, I've done that, and it's also something I can do at a dozen farms/ranches within a 10 minute drive of my house. And swimming in a pool? Goodness knows there are lots of those around in peoples backyards. Not everyone is a commando when it comes to touring style.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
A bigger opportunity presented itself. Most are probably already aware of it, but I don't advertise everything I do directly on the WDW Magic forums.
Lies No GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom