Epic Mickey: Rebrushed

Mike S

The plot of the 2nd game was incredibly contrived. I mean seriously, earthquakes?? I’m here to play Epic Mickey, not a California simulator
The part that made me realize how much I didn’t like it was how rushed it seemed to be when I got to the final boss. Before that point I was enjoying it a little bit but waiting for it to get better.

To further drive my point I did multiple playthroughs of the first game so I could get all the collectibles from both paths. I think I only went through the second game once.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

Agreeing on skipping Power of Two if this goes well enough to make a second one. It dropped most of what made the original concept interesting and didn't replace it with anything noteworthy or even good.

Plus, I would really like to see more forgotten/scrapped characters/versions be included and following the second game's plot means not doing that. Especially if they kept the sequel hook, which would mean if a miracle happened, the series took off, and we got a third game the villain would be Pete, the default villain for decades.

There are so many cool possibilities for this game concept and the sequel/planned third really just blocked them all out.

Last edited:

Mike S

Agreeing on skipping Power of Two if this goes well enough to make a second one. It dropped most of what made the original concept interesting and didn't replace it with anything noteworthy or even good.

Plus, I would really like to see more forgotten/scrapped characters/versions be included and following the second game's plot means not doing that. Especially if they kept the sequel hook, which would mean if a miracle happened, the series took off, and we got a third game the villain would be Pete, the default villain for decades.

There are so many cool possibilities for this game concept and the sequel/planned third really just blocked them all out.
My original idea for a second game before it was announced was to include forgotten theme park concepts like an area based on Beastly Kingdom, having Dreamfinder as a character in the game along with more of old Future World as an expansion of Tomorrow City from the first game, add a Hollywood type movie area with its own Tower of Terror (Wasteland Tower Hotel), etc.

Earlie the Pearlie

erasure fan1

I say skip Power of Two and start fresh with a new game that also has co-op. Drop the numbering so that people who have only played the remake can view this new game as a sequel but make so that there’s also subtle nods to Power of Two. Power of Two stunk, skip it and go straight to 3.
I completely agree. I can see the point of view that a remake of 2 could "fix" the game. But two was really bad and why have that stigma hovering over the game from the start. If rebrushed is a success, use it as a great jumping off point to continue the series.

Surferboy567

I completely agree. I can see the point of view that a remake of 2 could "fix" the game. But two was really bad and why have that stigma hovering over the game from the start. If rebrushed is a success, use it as a great jumping off point to continue the series.
I also find it strange that Warren Spector came out again and said he has a full concept for epic Mickey 3 just a week ago. Why mention that if they are going to do nothing with it? He also mentioned he couldn’t make it because of his day job of his new studio. Maybe work with purple lamp?

That being said, I’d like to see a remake of 2 as well as a new game.

celluloid

I say skip Power of Two and start fresh with a new game that also has co-op. Drop the numbering so that people who have only played the remake can view this new game as a sequel but make so that there’s also subtle nods to Power of Two. Power of Two stunk, skip it and go straight to 3.

That would be cool but cost a lot more money so therefore less likely.

Earlie the Pearlie

So I was listening to covers of the Steamboat Willie soundtrack, as one does, and I came across the arrangement from the original game, as one does, and then THIS came up in my YouTube feed.

The footage looks pretty good, but THIS in particular stood out to me.
Screen Shot 2024-03-03 at 12.05.30 PM.png

It appears that there will be a feature where you can choose between different sprites! AND this demo only has Pure Mickey unlocked. Which leads me to the conclusion that THEY ARE BRINGING BACK SCRAPPER MICKEY!!!
(scrapper Mickey for reference)
1709485845914.png

SO excited for this game

Surferboy567

So I was listening to covers of the Steamboat Willie soundtrack, as one does, and I came across the arrangement from the original game, as one does, and then THIS came up in my YouTube feed.

The footage looks pretty good, but THIS in particular stood out to me.
View attachment 771286
It appears that there will be a feature where you can choose between different sprites! AND this demo only has Pure Mickey unlocked. Which leads me to the conclusion that THEY ARE BRINGING BACK SCRAPPER MICKEY!!!
(scrapper Mickey for reference)
View attachment 771287
SO excited for this game

The new abilities are also shown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom