Epic Mickey: Rebrushed

Mike S

New trailer featuring Warren Spector

September 24th release with 24 hr early access for preorders
Game is 60
Collector’s Edition is not up in the US but according to THQ‘s website it is 200 Euro’s.

Collector’s Edition includes:

1. 28 cm Mickey Mouse Statue
  2. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Keychain
  3. Vintage Mickey Mouse Tin Sign
  4. 6 Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed Postcards
  5. Collector’s Steelbook
  6. Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed - Costume Pack DLC
  7. Disney Epic Mickey Rebrushed game

That statue is sweet, but I need to see the price in USD. The only three things I really want out of the collector’s edition is the statue, steelbook, and game. So we’ll see regardless probably buying the game day 1.

Can’t wait for this.

Surferboy567

I actually played this at D23. I was very impressed, the game runs buttery smooth and the camera has been VASTLY improved upon. Attended the panel as well as the booth. If you played Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated Mickey’s new spin dash is basically the exact same move as SpongeBob’s bubble net jump. Basically what you do is jump, then immediately spin with the brush this gives you a little more distance on your jumps and may be even to give you the distance you need to clear the jump. They have added an interior to the theater allowing you to replay the projector levels also they have scattered many more concept art pieces around wasteland.

I have my collector’s edition preordered (I got super lucky on a restock that first day) and I’m very excited to play. They also had a collector’s edition on display at the booth. This is a super anticipated game of mine now (probably only behind Indy and it’s neck and neck with Planet Coaster 2). The demo definitely did its job, I also met the game director, many of the staff members worked on the previous SpongeBob games.

Mike S

I actually played this at D23. I was very impressed, the game runs buttery smooth and the camera has been VASTLY improved upon. Attended the panel as well as the booth. If you played Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated Mickey’s new spin dash is basically the exact same move as SpongeBob’s bubble net jump. Basically what you do is jump, then immediately spin with the brush this gives you a little more distance on your jumps and may be even to give you the distance you need to clear the jump. They have added an interior to the theater allowing you to replay the projector levels also they have scattered many more concept art pieces around wasteland.

I have my collector’s edition preordered (I got super lucky on a restock that first day) and I’m very excited to play. They also had a collector’s edition on display at the booth. This is a super anticipated game of mine now (probably only behind Indy and it’s neck and neck with Planet Coaster 2). The demo definitely did its job, I also met the game director, many of the staff members worked on the previous SpongeBob games.
Very happy to hear that about Epic Mickey. I don’t need the collectors edition but I’m still looking for confirmation if I can get the 3 pre order outfits by ordering the physical version rather than digital. I haven’t seen anything that clarifies that.

Surferboy567

Very happy to hear that about Epic Mickey. I don’t need the collectors edition but I’m still looking for confirmation if I can get the 3 pre order outfits by ordering the physical version rather than digital. I haven’t seen anything that clarifies that.
I also don’t know if you get them. They are avaliable as a $5 dollar DLC if you don‘t. Preorders also get 24 hours “early“ access.

Surferboy567

Hmmmm. If I don’t get them and I want them I do have some Nintendo gold points to make it cheaper.
If I had the option between deck and switch, I’d choose the deck. Way smoother performance likely. Steam is also an excellent ecosystem.

Wait to see if it’s steam deck verified. I don’t anticipate any problems though.

Mike S

If I had the option between deck and switch, I’d choose the deck. Way smoother performance likely. Steam is also an excellent ecosystem.

Wait to see if it’s steam deck verified. I don’t anticipate any problems though.
I had the original game on Wii and I want it in my physical Switch collection lol

Mike S

I definitely understand that. I wanted a physical copy as well and happy I got the collector’s edition for that very reason along with the Mickey statue.
Plus as far as I can tell I didn’t see anyone complaining about SpongeBob on the Switch so I can’t imagine big trouble with Epic Mickey.

Surferboy567

The second game requires far more than just the “Rebrushed” treatment. The game at its core is a disappointing mess.
I actually asked the creative director at the D23 booth if they were looking to remake the second game or create a third he simply winked at me.

Take that what you will. I’d be down for an epic Mickey 2 remake as well as a new game if that’s possible. Purple Lamp can clearly do it they made cosmic shake after rehydrated that’s a different scenario though.

Mike S

I actually asked the creative director at the D23 booth if they were looking to remake the second game or create a third he simply winked at me.

Take that what you will. I’d be down for an epic Mickey 2 remake as well as a new game if that’s possible. Purple Lamp can clearly do it they made cosmic shake after rehydrated that’s a different scenario though.
Skip 2 and go straight to 3 imo. As I said before, the game at its core is a mess. Rereleasing it would only damage any goodwill that Rebrushed gets.

Mike S

So I played the demo on Switch and it looks and plays fine. I saw a tip to turn off motion blur to fix some framerate stuff and beyond that it’s good. I’m not sure if I care too much to get it on the Steam Deck just to look prettier especially since I can get 15% off the physical Switch version due to working in retail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom