EpcotSpaceshipEarth.com Launches

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Disney has started a enw website with some Siemens information links..

EpcotSpaceshipEarth.com

Check it out, there's not much to it, but that might change soon.

duckburg85

Very cool! I like how much attention Spaceship Earth has been getting lately.

Though I'm not a fan of the new logo... the old one was amazing and felt less like a logo you would see on Nickelodeon sports show...

Also anyone notice how there is no wand to be seen on that website?!

dxwwf3

I know there isn't a whole lot to the site right now, but I still love the idea.

Any chance Siemens can sponsor the Magic Kingdom? :lol:

rdour@techminds

508 Compliance

Well, someone has to teach these guys about accessibility on the web. All I see when I go to that site is:

Movies
Movies

TV
TV

Games
Games

Music
Music

Live Events
Live Events

Travel
Travel

Shop
Shop

Mobile
Mobile

Characters
Characters

For You
For You

DXD
DXD

Help | Site Map | Contact Us | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights | Internet Safety

Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use. © Disney. All rights reserved.Site Survey: Tell us what you think

This is just plain terrible. When I click on the site survey, all that my screen reader sees is "Image image linked image linked image image image." So, I can't even take the survey to tell them that this sucks for me and many, many others. If anyone in Disney management is reading this, please contact me in any way you wish because I love what you do and I really want to help you and your staff fix things like this for the future. Disney is something we can all enjoy if we make it happen. If we can dream it, then we can do it, yes we can.

Ryan

epcotfan

Thanks for posting the link. Here's screenshot if anyone is interested:

siemensse.jpg

lpet11984

Pretty cool. I wonder if there'll be some kind of interactivity between the website and the attraction/post-show when all is completed?

Another affirmative opinion for the logo...Merchandice?? :D

SDav10495

Oh yeah, I stumbled across this site a day or two ago when checking for operational updates. I like it...can't wait to see more. It would certainly seem to be further evidence that Siemens isn't planning an "empty" update but really cares about the ideas behind the attraction.

Also anyone notice how there is no wand to be seen on that website?!

Yes! And not only that--maybe old news, but since I got to the new Siemens site through here, the official WDW Epcot page is wandless as well. The menu on the left is classic EPCOT.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkLanding?id=EPLandingPage

Maybe I'm imagining things, but methinks Disney really has been putting out more wandless merchandise and material than they normally did the last 7 years...

SirNim

I never thought I'd see the day that Disney (or perhaps Siemens) put up a Spaceship Earth mini-website on a Spaceship Earth URL.

Wow.

Champion

Well, someone has to teach these guys about accessibility on the web. All I see when I go to that site is:

Movies
Movies

TV
TV

Games
Games

Music
Music

Live Events
Live Events

Travel
Travel

Shop
Shop

Mobile
Mobile

Characters
Characters

For You
For You

DXD
DXD

Help | Site Map | Contact Us | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights | Internet Safety

Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use. © Disney. All rights reserved.Site Survey: Tell us what you think

This is just plain terrible. When I click on the site survey, all that my screen reader sees is "Image image linked image linked image image image." So, I can't even take the survey to tell them that this sucks for me and many, many others. If anyone in Disney management is reading this, please contact me in any way you wish because I love what you do and I really want to help you and your staff fix things like this for the future. Disney is something we can all enjoy if we make it happen. If we can dream it, then we can do it, yes we can.

Ryan

Install Flash.

lpet11984

Yes! And not only that--maybe old news, but since I got to the new Siemens site through here, the official WDW Epcot page is wandless as well. The menu on the left is classic EPCOT.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but methinks Disney really has been putting out more wandless merchandise and material than they normally did the last 7 years...

I never noticed this before...

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

doop

I really like the design of the site, and of course the fact that Spaceship Earth is now getting oodles of attention. :sohappy:

hauntdmansion79

I've noticed this for the last few years and have posted the observation elsewhere on these forums. I'm glad you noticed too. It's good to see I think.

As for the Spaceship Earth web site, I love seeing a sponsor being so involved, I was nerveous when ATT left, but Siemens seems like they respect and appreciate the attraction. I hope the site grows in content.

goofyfan13

Thanks for the info, I love all this attention that SSE is now getting. All I can say is it's about time! Now the logo, I too love it, it's very, "Retro Epcot gets a contemporary face lift" if you catch my drift.

Chape19714

Oh yeah, I stumbled across this site a day or two ago when checking for operational updates. I like it...can't wait to see more. It would certainly seem to be further evidence that Siemens isn't planning an "empty" update but really cares about the ideas behind the attraction.

As previously discussed, certain parts of WDW advertising materials (including the websites) are either outsourced or done by someone so far away, they currently don't even know about the wand, causing it's absence. Even Epcot maps have been on and off with the wand.

As far as the merchandice, it could be for the above reasons, or possibly just something new they are trying to see if it sells. For every shirt without a wand, there's at least one with the wand.

Nothing is changing soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom