EpcotServo's Updates #12 - Endless 8

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Got another Update from the DISTANT past...of...LAST FRIDAYYYY! OoOooOOOoooOOO! Got TONS to get to, so let's. Get to it, that is.

STUDIOS

-Crowds Medium.

-Quorra TRON LEGACY billboard up by Pixar Place. Sam Flynn also has one along the Tram route in the parking lot.

-Muppets still looks great!

-Played the new Midway Mania game with a clearer projection, it's a blast!

EPCOT

-Crowds medium to light.

-Eo is still great. Caught it at an off time, so there wasn't very many people in it, but unlike HISTA those in attendance applauded and cheered for the show. Favorite moment was seeing a child wave goodbye to Fuzzball at the end. I really think the younger set isn't as jaded and cynical about the show as the internet is, and actually genuinely enjoy it.

-Saw more than a few people wearing Eo shirts, and there's a new magnet and keychain with the poster on it.

-Mexico restaurant is coming along.

-Yes, have some.

-Via Napoli interior is nice. Didn't eat there, Didn't really care, but took a few pictures to enjoy.

-The new Japan exhibit is really cool, and seems to be WAY more popular than the photography one. Had to move aside MANY times whilst taking pictures so kids could see what was in the displays. Plus lots of Adults enjoying it too, and not in a snarky way. I have a few qualms with wording and such, but as an Anime and Japanese Legend fan, It's a pretty fair mix of both and appeals to a general audience without talking down to them.

That's about it, ENJOY!

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSer...98042321699090

hpyhnt 1000

Wonderful update! The new exhibit in Japan definitely deserve a look when I get back to Epcot. And SSE seems pretty shiny after its pressure cleaning.

Thanks again, Servo! :wave:

a2grafix

Can't go wrong with the Admiral. Hopefully he is still around in the upgrade.

And love the clouds overlooking World Showcase. Seems "Independence Day"-ish.

SewIn2Disney

You got a picture of REX!! I have a relative who is an Imagineer in CA, and one of his projects was creating Rex. I've never met this relative of mine, but I feel a "connection" to him everytime I ride Star Tours, and I've always wanted a picture of Rex (especially now with Star Tours closing---who know if Rex will survive the refurb?), but I'm always afraid of getting in trouble for taking photographs during the show.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Maryssa*

Hahahahah I really love the captions to all your photos Servo. :ROFLOL:

edit: I'm flabbergasted that they didn't include Sailor Moon in the moon rabbit part of the Japan exibit... her name MEANS rabbit of the moon! Maybe they couldn't get rights?

Cmdr_Crimson

While many Ghibli films are great...One I think many don't mention is Lupin the Third Castle of Cagliostro amazing animation in that film.

Texas84

Can't wait until October to see the new exhibit. But it's not really Japanese unless some big guy is chasing you out of the place for taking pictures. :D

Where was that Haruhi picture from?

Cmdr_Crimson

The world needs to mention EVERYTHING Lupin the Third more than it currently does now.

I can't agree more...
lupin-harhar.gif

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words everybody!
:wave:

Also, as a favor to both of us, go see a little movie called Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World in cinemas this week! It has the ULTRA EpcotServo seal of approval!
:D

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Great update EpcotServo! I loved the Japanese exhibit, that's exactly the kind of thing Epcot needs more of. What animes would you recommend for someone just getting into them? I've only seen a few Ghibli ones and loved them but I don't really know what to see next.

And I will be seeing Scott Pilgrim! It looks full of awsome and I love me some Edgar Wright!

Cowboy Bebop is widely considered one of the best of all time, and is extremely worth watching for it being extremely original. Of course your mileage may vary with any TV show, so I reccomend you seek it out yourself and go find ones that look interesting to you.
:wave:

I love how you go after the "sports a cat tail" and not the "robotic being" part on the plaque... she is not a robot!

Yes, but she is a clone using some of Shinji's mother's genetic information, which technically means that she is genetically a machine created being. Not a robot, but there is some basis there in that she isn't straight up human. Way wrong, but a degree of truth in it. There's nothing that ever even resembles a tail, so that one is much more of a mistake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom