Epcot's Leave a Legacy

kennyj29

Original Poster
I DID THE WALK AROUND THE WORLD BRICKS AND I LOVED THAT. IT'S NOT AN EYESORE. I AGREE THAT THE IDEA IS GREAT, IT'S THE LOCATION I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH.

orangefan15

Walk around the world is way better because it is much less invasive...it doesn't get in the way of anything else (like a view of spaceship earth as you first enter the park).

And I really have to agree with the person who said the stones look like tank-stoppers, that's what I thought they were the first time I saw them LOL!

mickeyfanatics

We bought a walk around the world stone for our honeymoon in 1995 and it is much less intrusive as others have said. Since the day I saw the Leave a Legacy, my wife and I thought it looked like a cemetary. Everytime I go to the front entrance of EPCOT now, I often ask if I can reserve my burial plot there near the stones and be buried there someday. :lol:

iluvepcot

I LOVE the leave a legacy stones, they are very modern and i believe they are the start of bringing Epcot from that 80's era future to the real future. :)

Testtrack321

Ahh, but Disney is using sublimanal messaging for you to spend money.

Leave is actually evael, which in German, is the root word of an Italian word meaning "Spend Money at Disney".

OH YEAH!!:hammer:

Katherine

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Ahh, but Disney is using sublimanal messaging for you to spend money.

Leave is actually evael, which in German, is the root word of an Italian word meaning "Spend Money at Disney".

OH YEAH!!:hammer:
:lol: :lol: That's Hilarious! Can anyone post a pic of them, I haven't been there recent enough to know what they look like.:lookaroun

Eljay

Even after several years, they don't seem to be selling well, judging by the small number of pictures. I'm there often, last weekend actually, and I never see anyone other than CM's near the place to buy one.

Disney4648

I actually like the "Leave a Legacy" statues. They remind me of my trip to WDW for the 2000 Millenium Celebration. I can still remember the Millenium Village. It was so cool.

goofyfan13

Originally posted by Machine
What they should of did was instead of putting those stones right infront of Epcot, they should of threw them behind Spaceship Earth and kept the front the way it was before. Thats just how I feel anyways. :)

I agree totally, the concept is a great idea. I've always wanted to do it. But the location of the stones is horrible. I'm kinda impartial to the wand over EPCOT because I liked the whole 2000 thing over SE and I thought it was a great way to symbolize the celebration. Because it would be a waste of money to tear the thing down I don't really mind it being there. I did however like SE just the way it was.

djmatthews

Is it me or do WDW seem to put their things in the wrong place. The Leave a Legacy things are a good idea, but should be somewhere else, the Hat in MGM, I love it, but not right in front on the Chinese Theatre, it would be better maybe at the font of the park as part of the entrance or maybe Hollywood Bvld near Fantasmic or something.

BNCordeiro

I love the Leave a Legacy tiles and I own three (1 photo and two birthday tiles). I'm usually very critical of attempts to change Epcot (re: my obession with Figment, my love of Horizons, my wish that the World of Motion still existed) basically I tend to be a purist but in this case, I like feeling that in some small way, I'm actually a part of "Epcot."

JLW11Hi

I may not be in with the majority here, but I like the Leave a Legacy stones. My opinion may be leaning this way sinse I have a tile, but I still think it is cool looking. I agree, they should have more plants around the area, because plants are always nice. Mabey if they built some more planters around the area?

MarkP8

For your convenience, here's a link to the same topic...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12093

In case you don't use the above link, here's an edited version of what I had to say previously:

"Definitely prefer the previous entrance. When I first saw the "Leave a Legacy" monoliths, I was afraid I was going to bang my head into them." :brick:

I still wish they would go away. They scare me.

kennyj29

Original Poster
Still Ugly

We just got back from another trip to disney and I have to say I looked long at the entrance and I still don't understand what possessed them to do that. It is horrendous. I loved the idea of the bricks originally. You walk on them, you don't pay attention too much because your not looking that way. I have a brick and I hope some day to have it in my possession when it get's old. But those tiles? The pictures are horrible. I've seen people's pictures that I know and it doesn't even look like them!!! It is just the biggest ugliest thing.........I just think the people who did it must be blind!!!! And I'm not talking about the people who had the pictures done, I'm talking about the people who thought it up. It's such a shame because the idea is great!! I just think there was a better place or a better way to do it. :brick:

Scooter

I dislike the Leave a Legacy Tiles Location also but not enough to spoil my trip.:lol:

I just avoid them like the plague and walk around them.

They must not be selling too well because I see now that Disney is including them in some of their vacation packages as a free gift. :lol:

rjew

It makes Disney look like they are after a quick buck.

I agree that they look like gravestones or a mosileum. Maybe they could move them over to the haunted mansion? I know they could sell funeral crypts and we could actually be buried at the haunted mansion! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom