Epcot's Leave a Legacy

kennyj29

Original Poster
I have to ask everyone.................is it me or is the Leave a Legacy tiles the most hideous site in Epcot? That used to be one of the the most beautiful sites when you walked into Epcot. Now, there are these monsterous stones filled with ugly tiles and the beauty of the entrance to Epcot is GONE. We usually go during the Holiday Period. When you would walk in, the Poinsetta Trees and the Holiday decorations were stunning. Now you don't even notice them with those ugly stones. I think they should move them from the front and put them somewhere that you wouldn't notice them as much. What do you think?

Machine

I agree with you completely, I don't find them the least bit interesting and it stands out like a sore thumb. What they should of did was instead of putting those stones right infront of Epcot, they should of threw them behind Spaceship Earth and kept the front the way it was before. Thats just how I feel anyways. :)

Tramp

Disney's Moai?

I find the stones very unattractive. To me, the area 'feels' congested as I walk in. The concept of "Leave a Legacy" is a good one but the design should have been more 'passive' like the bricks at the Magic Kingdom.

Erika

We did the Leave a Legacy because we thought it was a cool concept. But I agree that they should have found a better way to showcase them. It's kind of strange-looking.

Nut4Disney

I'm not trying to sound mean, but this topic has been beaten to death, do a search and you will come up with numerous threads on this.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
I'm not trying to sound mean, but this topic has been beaten to death, do a search and you will come up with numerous threads on this.

Kinda tells you something I guess. :brick: :hurl:

CAPTAIN HOOK

I just gotta jump on the band wagon here and agree - its the perfect way to spoil the entrance to the park, however, when we go there's usually that many people looking at it you don't see it anyway :lol: :lol:

kennyj29

Original Poster
I'm sorry if it bothered you that I brought this subject up, but as a new user, I didn't realize it was. I'm sure there were a lot of other people who didn't realize it either. If the subject bores you, why did you read it? I have no clue what has been brought up and what hasn't. I'm assuming nobody has ever brought a subject up more than once? This topic is important to me since I honestly feel that the Epcot entrance is ruined by those tiles. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way. Next time, I'll check with you on a subject before I post one.:mad:

Erika

Kenny, Nut4Disney was not trying to be rude. It's true- there are many threads about this subject- if you do a search you will find the answers you are looking for.

It's just that this is an extremely active (and expensive) forum and multiple threads add clutter. It's nothing against you! "Do a search" is a refrain which gets repeated many times over, to new users and to old, as you will soon find.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

The stones have uglied Epcot's entrance and must go. Maybe they could move them somewhere outside the entrance along the pathways or something? By the way is it leave a legacy or leave a blurred image? :lol:

WDWspider

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
The stones have uglied Epcot's entrance and must go. Maybe they could move them somewhere outside the entrance along the pathways or something? By the way is it leave a legacy or leave a blurred image? :lol:

I believe it's just "Leave your money and Leave". :lol:

tybroid59

Doesn't matter how many threads there are about this they still are ugly . Looks like the concrete they put on the ground to stop tanks advancing in the war

Nut4Disney

Kennyj29,
Honestly, I wasn't trying to be hurtful. I was just trying to keep repeat threads down. Sorry if I offended you, and I hope you don't hold it against me. Thanks Erika! :animwink:

djmatthews

Another one that agrees here! I also miss that beautiful "retro Epcot" glass monument thingy too with the old Epcot logo on it, and I miss the unspoilt Space Ship Earth.

BigNorm

Walk Around the World stones. . . much better

I think it's tacky. I don't like that design of the "monument," it looks poorly done and there's no guarantee that's it's going to be a permanent thing. It's pretty ridiculous. I miss the "retro" Epcot too. Besides I prefer the walk around the world stones much better. My family and I got one ten years ago, you can find it right out side of the MK turnstiles.

kennyj29

Original Poster
I'm not angry, I think I just felt stupid!! How could I ever hold anything against a fellow Disney fanatic!!!!! I didn't know how to look up old threads and didn't even know you could. I guess I have a lot to learn about this. Anyway, 15 days left till I leave..........I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though we've been there 12 times, It always feels like it's the first. We always try something new and different even if it's a restaurant.........!!!! Sorry, that I was rude, I guess you just got me on the wrong day!@!!! Forgive me..................

Jodigrl328

Don't feel stupid!!! Making mistakes is how you learn. :animwink: I have to agree, these things are ugly!!! The only way I would EVER buy one is if they really lowered the price. For the miniscule picture they put on there, it is definetly not worth it.

Bring back the bricks!!!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
While the photos are too small, and the location is obtrusive, I love the idea. Imagine if they moved it outside the park and lined up the blocks, so you could see the photos as you walked from, for example, the buses to the park. Wouldn't it be great 50 years from now to walk by a wall of photos with guests spanning that kind of time frame?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom