Epcot's Ice Station Cool to undergo 6 month rehab

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
Starting tomorrow (May 31,) Ice Station Cool, which is the location at Epcot that allows you to taste all the different flavored drinks from around the world will be closed for a 6 month refurbishment. The entrance to the attraction will be re-done to make it more like the entrance to Innoventions. All the cold/snow, etc will be removed and all the cast members will be receiving new costumes. It was wall-to-wall people in there today as people found out that it would be closed starting tomorrow.

DisneyMarg

Oh boo. We're going Sunday the 5th. And I was SO looking forward to a nice gulp of Beverly :hurl:

For those of you missing Ice Station Cool, you can take a trip to World of Coke in Atlanta. There they have a larger version of the same thing - more drinks from more places. Plus all you can drink of regular Coke products, and some very interesting displays and exhibits. I highly recommend a visit.

1disneydood

That really stinks if they get rid of the freezng room and the attempted snow. :( booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In honor of Ice Station Cool, my family with Beverly faces. Me chugging it like a man.
http://members..net/sheilapicone1/Beverlyfaces.jpg

ballewclan

I cant believe ive never been in Ice Station Cool! I guess my parents who are the Disney veterans kinda overlook lots of things besides their favorites so i miss out... but i cant wait to go in after its rehab!!

PS- Im guessing beverly is bad? lol :slurp:

imagineersrock

1disneydood said:
That really stinks if they get rid of the freezng room and the attempted snow. :( booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In honor of Ice Station Cool, my family with Beverly faces. Me chugging it like a man.
http://members..net/sheilapicone1/Beverlyfaces.jpg
oh, that is Hilarious!

lol, thanks for sharing.... what a great photo! :lol:

FigmentJedi

Now I wonder where all that unused Beverly will go during the rehab. Will it ferment and become even more disgusting? Or is this part of some sorta thing Eisner wants to be remembered for, the initiation of his Final Solution to destroy all toons as Beverly probably has the same toxicity as Dip to a toon....

miles1

ballewclan said:
PS- Im guessing beverly is bad? lol :slurp:

:lol: :lol: I tried it for the first time on our last trip in February. After reading the boards here, I thought "no, it couldn't possibly be that bad". Well, it is incredibly, unbelievably bad. And it leaves its lovely after taste in your mouth all day. I just can't imagine how it could possibly become a best-selling drink, anywhere.

If anyone is familiar with "Moxie", a regional beverage here in New England, it gives a similar effect. Only Beverly is about 5 times as bad.

wdwjmp239

DisneyMarg said:
Oh boo. We're going Sunday the 5th. And I was SO looking forward to a nice gulp of Beverly :hurl:

For those of you missing Ice Station Cool, you can take a trip to World of Coke in Atlanta. There they have a larger version of the same thing - more drinks from more places. Plus all you can drink of regular Coke products, and some very interesting displays and exhibits. I highly recommend a visit.

Since I live in Naples, FL -- I'm thinking ROADTRIP!!!! this weekend. :sohappy: :sohappy: :lol:

Brent

Great photo! I think this will be good for ISC, (if i'm the first to shorten it i hope i started a trend since it seems like we shorten all attractions here lol) The "ice" theme didn't fit there & stuck out like a sore thumb. With a nice rehab on themeing & maybe more international drinks it should be better than ever. I highly doubt they would do u.s. products like world of coke since they make a nice profit off drink sales but more drinks & new themeing should make this worth waiting tha half a year for a rehab.

wdwjmp239

miles1 said:
:lol: :lol: I tried it for the first time on our last trip in February. After reading the boards here, I thought "no, it couldn't possibly be that bad". Well, it is incredibly, unbelievably bad. And it leaves its lovely after taste in your mouth all day. I just can't imagine how it could possibly become a best-selling drink, anywhere.

If anyone is familiar with "Moxie", a regional beverage here in New England, it gives a similar effect. Only Beverly is about 5 times as bad.

Beverly is only as bad as you make it. If you drink it down quick, there really is no flavor. But, if you drink it, savor it, and swallow it, the after taste is nasty!

:hurl:

wdwjmp239

imagineer boy said:
Well, that sucks. I do have to admit, that pile of snow and tractor were kinda out of place in Future World.

I remember during the Millenium Celebration when I walked through Ice Station Cool for the very first time. Understand something - with me coming from Long Island, NY (originally) and now living in Naples, FL for about fifteen years, it's been awhile since I've seen snow. So, when I picked up some snow and made a snowball inside Ice Station Cool to throw at my brother as he walked in, that just started a full on-slaught snowball fight inside the tunnel. It's amazing I didn't get thrown out ;)

WeLComeHomE OKW

that is sooooo dissapointing....ugh, im going next week and was really looking forward to drinking some of those! its a great part and a wonderful way to cool down....bbboooooo!!! oh well, i hope they make it cool...no pun intended. Watermelon was my favorite, but Beverly was/is horrible. the trick is to bring a big cup and fill it up with ur favorite.

The funny thing about Beverly, is that even though everyone knows its horrible ppl keep drinking it becuz its horrible. how strange the world truly is, i will miss it when im there. can any CM's get me in? send me a message if so.
Garrett

diddy_mouse

aww...i'm disappointed to hear that. i wanted to see my fiance's (will be husband on our trip) face when he took a swig of Beverly. oh well, there's always next time :cool:

PS - that picture was oh so hilarious :lol:

1disneydood

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
The funny thing about Beverly, is that even though everyone knows its horrible ppl keep drinking it becuz its horrible. how strange the world truly is, i will miss it when im there. can any CM's get me in? send me a message if so.
Garrett

I think Beverly has a cult following. For me, a trip to EPCOT isn't complete without drinking Beverly and tricking a noob into drinking it. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom