News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

aladdin2007

I think someone else already mentioned this a few pages back, but was just listening to We Are One from the rivers of light soundtrack, this would sound stunning and be a perfect fit for Epcots new show. I can just hear it booming around World Showcase. I don't know why they just don't carry it over. It really is a brother to IllumiNations We Go On. I think it would appease the audience and be moving at the same time.

Touchdown

Having just relistened to the Epcot Forever track I now no longer think We Are One would fit as a finale. EF is narratively held together by One Little Spark, ie imagination, its playful and innocent, childlike. We Are One is more mature, itā€™s an adult thought, children canā€™t comprehend the future they live in the now. The tempo is also all wrong, if they were to bring back anything from ROE the part that would fit the most is the ā€œcivilization portionā€ of the show, ie the last 2 min before We Are One. That music is playful, childlike and ends with a bang. They could simply up the pyro for that section and call it a day.

Also dont forget that portion has nods to we go on too.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Having just relistened to the Epcot Forever track I know no longer think We Are One would fit as a finale. EF is narratively held together by One Little Spark, ie imagination, its playful and innocent, childlike. We Are One is more mature, itā€™s an adult thought, children canā€™t comprehend the future they live in the now. The tempo is also all wrong, if they were to bring back anything from ROE the part that would fit the most is the ā€œcivilization portionā€ of the show, ie the last 2 min before We Are One. That music is playful, childlike and ends with a bang. They could simply up the pyro for that section and call it a day.

Also dont forget that portion has nods to we go on too.
I think thatā€™s called ā€œCelebrationā€œ. Itā€™s always been my favorite portion of the IROE soundtrack. ABC News used it for a few years.

OSUPhantom

I didnā€™t hate Harmonious as much as most, although I can understand the complaints especially the daytime eyesore. Hopefully they have their heads on right for the next show. Iā€™m fine with incorporating Disney music thought it would be nice to have a less IP heavy show.

ToTBellHop

I didnā€™t hate Harmonious as much as most, although I can understand the complaints especially the daytime eyesore. Hopefully they have their heads on right for the next show. Iā€™m fine with incorporating Disney music thought it would be nice to have a less IP heavy show.
Theyā€™re doing their best.
1679572274336.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom