News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

UNCgolf

How the heck is it stale? Its had the most new (and upcoming) attractions of any park...

The problem is most of what's left (I could argue about the quality/fit of the new attractions too, but that's a separate discussion). Spaceship Earth is still great, but that's solely because of how good it was when it opened. It desperately needs some work. Imagination is still a complete disaster and waste of space, and it doesn't seem like anyone really cares about Mission: Space. Wonders of Life is still empty (although I'm personally glad it's not opening as the Play! Pavilion). The Nemo ride is awful and people forget it even exists, and the aquarium itself needs work.

They spent all that money on EPCOT and didn't do very much to truly improve the park overall (and actually made it worse in a couple of ways).

brb1006

"The show will feature an original composition and evocative selections from the Disney songbook – all woven together to remind us that we are more alike than different."

seen-it-marty.gif

back-to-the-future-hey.gif
At least it's not a clipshow.

Notes from Neverland

Just to be clear on my previous comments. I'm not saying the show will disappoint, just an element that may no longer be part of it.

Drones would be my guess as well. The generic/vague concept art and show description seems to confirm that, unless a decision hasn't been made. It'd be something they'd want to market, even if it was in Disney speak.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

In some ways it's the total opposite. Going from a hardware heavy lagoon full of gear to a much more simpler firework-based show. The story element though...
so they still don't get they have to get this right? Its not just about the removal of the lagoon junk though that was certainly a major part of it, but its sounding like just another harmonious "cobbled together" like someone else said, without the hardware. They may have been better off by not stating anything yet this soon. They just can't seem to learn.

Kamikaze

The problem is most of what's left (I could argue about the quality/fit of the new attractions too, but that's a separate discussion). Spaceship Earth is still great, but that's solely because of how good it was when it opened. It desperately needs some work. Imagination is still a complete disaster and waste of space, and it doesn't seem like anyone really cares about Mission: Space. Wonders of Life is still empty (although I'm personally glad it's not opening as the Play! Pavilion). The Nemo ride is awful and people forget it even exists, and the aquarium itself needs work.

They spent all that money on EPCOT and didn't do very much to truly improve the park overall (and actually made it worse in a couple of ways).
I solely commented on 'stale'.

PuertoRekinSam

Drones? You mean 2D stick figures in the sky? No thanks.
They are 3D stick figures. Just 3D stock figures that only look like something from a specific angle, otherwise look like an amorphous blob for the rest of the lagoon.

It would be like the star gate, but less defined imagery higher.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They’re quite impressive when they do tangible 3D shapes in the sky. The globe effect in DLP is wonderful. But I understand your meaning - especially having 2D displays in a 360 degree lagoon.

They are 3D stick figures. Just 3D stock figures that only look like something from a specific angle, otherwise look like an amorphous blob for the rest of the lagoon.

It would be like the star gate, but less defined imagery higher.

The solution to lagoon drones is to put the drones up high enough such that everyone is look up at it, or to have them fly up behind the pavilions such that they're over the drainage canals. They'd have to have the same 3D figure on each side at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom