1662992720057.png

- "Shows here!"
- Do you guys actually think it's good?
- A pin, jersey, and water bottle are released
- Please watch it, we put it on D+
- Okay, we'll get rid of it

Also this from last year:
1662992887858.png

Let it be reminded that "largest" doesn't mean it'll be the best thing ever.

Hey, those Harmonious posters they sold are going to become collectors pieces for a limited run show very soon at least.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This was the big test for me. The pace of development after roughly a decade of neglect had sped up in recent years. But we're nearing the end of that well. They needed to come out strong with some new announcements that would be ready for 2024-2026 or so, and they whiffed. The blue sky stuff was cool to see, but when they couch something as "blue sky", the chances of it happening are, in my view, < 10%.

But as it is right now, WDW is going to stagnate just when they've addressed that decade of neglect and have the opportunity to meaningfully add capacity.
Can’t disagree with you at all Galahad 🗡

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who got stuck having to explain to Chapek that his fireworks idea failed miserably? Or did they offer up a scapegoat for this costly train wreck? At least the castle show is a relatively easy switch.

I’m honestly shocked they threw in the towel on these shows. It’s the right call but they make the wrong call so often.
…I’m sure they just blamed Iger. Look at the details/sequence of events over the last 2+ years…he’s the fall guy just like those that preceding him…

And what’s great is it would eat at his core more than any. I love it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But I was told that I was making up the fact that the crowds to see this were significantly less than they were just a year ago.
From my experience there were a lot less people than I thought to watch.

But that was the end of June when every American school was out…so maybe I’m misreading it? 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My take on "sightlines won't be an issue" means that seeing the stargate will not be critical to the new show, as it somewhat is with Harm.

You think they'll push out the show's ending commemorative merch?
Yep…I heard DVC Kraken 2021-22 commemorative magnets are on sale at the conch flats general store this morning

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wow, catching up on all the news from the weekend. This particular bit of news is hilarious, applauded, sad and frustrating at the same time :)

Credit where due - admitting you have a problem and an inferior product and proactively taking steps to correct it.
Reality - I'll believe it when I see it. My initial thoughts are that they will change the music/IP, keep the barges out there and slap a new name on it so people forget Harmonious was even its name
My Hope - They reduce the number of barges, orient the ones they keep in a way that they can be removed each night and viewed better no matter which part of the lake you are on, original score not tied to IP's but the countries themselves and make better use of the tech they did install.

trainplane3

Wow, catching up on all the news from the weekend. This particular bit of news is hilarious, applauded, sad and frustrating at the same time :)

Credit where due - admitting you have a problem and an inferior product and proactively taking steps to correct it.
Reality - I'll believe it when I see it. My initial thoughts are that they will change the music/IP, keep the barges out there and slap a new name on it so people forget Harmonious was even its name
My Hope - They reduce the number of barges, orient the ones they keep in a way that they can be removed each night and viewed better no matter which part of the lake you are on, original score not tied to IP's but the countries themselves and make better use of the tech they did install.
Get Gavin Greenaway or Pinar Toprak in to write an original score. They can use bits of Disney IP as well, just make it flowing and not some mish-mash of movie soundtracks. Gavin is well proven for the stuff he's done for the parks and Pinar is looking incredible just based of the new Epcot anthem.

spresso81

It is amazing they designed a show in which to get a good view you pretty much had to stand in two places (let alone the Stargate thing was not even aligned with the walkway). Moreover, it destroyed the view from Rose & Crown and other dining options which made bank off of Illuminations.

Do we have any firm confirm that they are getting rid of the barges? I just do not want to get too excited.

doctornick

My take on "sightlines won't be an issue" means that seeing the stargate will not be critical to the new show, as it somewhat is with Harm.

You think they'll push out "show's ending" commemorative merch?

They could remove the star gate and use just the tacos since the latter don't really have the same directional issues.

But with @wdwmagic recent post about the complaints of the lagoon appearance during the day (and the proposed solution of the fountains not working) being a factor in this change, I do wonder if they will just remove all of the pieces. I'd be surprised that they would bail on them so quickly given the cost and not re-use them, but it's worth watching to see.

yensid67

They could remove the star gate and use just the tacos since the latter don't really have the same directional issues.

But with @wdwmagic recent post about the complaints of the lagoon appearance during the day (and the proposed solution of the fountains not working) being a factor in this change, I do wonder if they will just remove all of the pieces. I'd be surprised that they would bail on them so quickly given the cost and not re-use them, but it's worth watching to see.
Imagineering could find a use for the barges, just in a different configurational refurbishment...a new Illuminations would need barges!!! POOF! They already have them, just have to modify them!

ToTBellHop

Just make them movable! I wouldn’t mind so much if the view was pristine every morning through mid-day.

gerarar

Premium Member
Now the big What If..?

If Disney didn't cheap out on building the backstage wharf (they already started on it then cancelled it) to house the barges daily,
and if park ops didn't interject themselves on not wanting to disrupt guest traffic to move the barges from backstage to the WS lagoon onstage daily (according to insiders).

Would that have saved Harmonius? Sightlines within the lagoon are the biggest complaint. Second is the show's content/pacing/story, etc. Removed one issue, maybe they would be content with the actual show complaints, which could be modified/fixed.

Who knows. But one thing is obvious, they tried to save $ but ended up wasting so much more $.

jrhwdw

Now the big What If..?

If Disney didn't cheap out on building the backstage wharf (they already started on it then cancelled it) to house the barges daily,
and if park ops didn't interject themselves on not wanting to disrupt guest traffic to move the barges from backstage to the WS lagoon onstage daily (according to insiders).

Would that have saved Harmonius? Sightlines within the lagoon are the biggest complaint. Second is the show's content/pacing/story, etc. Removed one issue, maybe they would be content with the actual show complains.

Who knows. But one thing is obvious, they tried to save $ but ended up wasting so much more $.
We all know what this site thought of the Content. The fact that Steve is excited for this tells me this is turning more Epcot.

I'm getting the feeling this is further along than HEA-Something at MK? Is that Correct?

csmat99

It's sad day when the one thing that got me excited and happy is Disney killing a show they spent years developing. But maybe not replace a show that was classic for decades? 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom