News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I thought it was recording from a TV in one of the nearby resort rooms since you can directly plug into it and extract the audio.

That's how we have the current HEA soundtrack despite it never being officially released (unless this has changed recently that I'm not remembering).
I don't think that's how we have the current happily ever after soundtrack that is online. To be honest, I don't really know how we have it, but I don't think that's how considering there are many differences in some of the voices in the leaked version. For example the "You'll be in Heart" vocals are different, Aladdin has a different delivery and there are no sound effects plus the ending announcer is different.

mattpeto

TBH I don't think that audio is great, it sounds very thin and it's mono. I think WDWMagic's video had better audio.

No disrespect to WDWMagic or Cliff’s cut (which are just amazing and my go to videos for watching the show), but this audio version is night and day above the YT video feeds. (Yeah it’s missing some bass)…

The singers are super clear. And Walt’s welcome sounds like Walt.

osian

No disrespect to WDWMagic or Cliff’s cut (which are just amazing and my go to videos for watching the show), but this audio version is night and day above the YT video feeds. (Yeah it’s missing some bass)…

The singers are super clear. And Walt’s welcome sounds like Walt.
Yep, it's a very clear recording (if it really is source audio then it should be!), but lacks power and punch in the music. Wonder if some audio software can fix that...

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone else love the pre-show music for the show? Wasn't sure how i felt about it at first but it's grown on me these past couple of months. Chacruna by Jungleyd and the very last song that plays (the one that transitions into the show). Very illuminations vibes.

I still think my favorite Epcot pre-show song EVER is Our Life by Uttara-Kuru. Hearing that around the lagoon with the torches on and the temperature cooling as everyone looks for a spot to watch Illuminations is a core childhood memory for me

TTA94

So this audio is actually source? Great news if it’s the real deal, except the missing post show songs.

Edit: After listening to it in whole I don’t think it’s real source. Id say a very good induction recording.

Last edited:

wfitz

New lighting issue?

This is twice now during the show this week the globe has failed to light up like a real globe during the finale.

Not sure if this is just a problem or something they changed? Till it’s back the show still isn’t in its “OG form” to me.

Attachments

• IMG_5387.jpeg
    IMG_5387.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5388.jpeg
    IMG_5388.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 66

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Saw it again last night and it gets better every time. I've never heard a crowd reaction to an Epcot show like I heard last night. Also, not sure if this has been posted yet but they pipe the music to show onto the bridge from World Celebration to Showcase Plaza. It is not as loud as it is in WS since it only uses the landscape speakers but it's a nice touch and gives you an alternate viewing area.
434257887_10227160008500144_5188609537901752951_n.jpg

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Saw it again last night and it gets better every time. I've never heard a crowd reaction to an Epcot show like I heard last night. Also, not sure if this has been posted yet but they pipe the music to show onto the bridge from World Celebration to Showcase Plaza. It is not as loud as it is in WS since it only uses the landscape speakers but it's a nice touch and gives you and alternate viewing area.
Were other Epcot Shows heard on the Bridge?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Were other Epcot Shows heard on the Bridge?
I don't recall ever hearing past shows on the bridge but i also never made an effort to listen. I was running slightly behind trying to make it to the show last night, that's the only reason I heard it lol.

Chef idea Mickey`=

This show has to be the biggest from all since spotting it from The Riviera at Topolino's Terrace. Also saw that finale from The Skyliner right in perfect timing with it behind The American Adventure with Spaceship Earth bright on the right side. I think someone can record a soundtrack really well from the Topolino speakers but hench audience reactions included.

trainplane3

Saw it again last night and it gets better every time. I've never heard a crowd reaction to an Epcot show like I heard last night. Also, not sure if this has been posted yet but they pipe the music to show onto the bridge from World Celebration to Showcase Plaza. It is not as loud as it is in WS since it only uses the landscape speakers but it's a nice touch and gives you an alternate viewing area.
I'm bummed I won't be seeing it again until December. While I'm not a fan of the all the movie music, it's rivaling RoE for myself and others. It's a spectacle at all points without feeling overwhelming or boring. Probably the best use of pyro in a Epcot show, ever. Maybe in all of WDW (for a nightly show)? (Thanks Eric) It's such a consistent show where even the "boring" parts are still fun to watch.

I still have my wish of a version with a full original score but I'll take this as a very comfy middle ground. It just goes to show a near unlimited budget doesn't guarantee a hit show.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I'm bummed I won't be seeing it again until December. While I'm not a fan of the all the movie music, it's rivaling RoE for myself and others. It's a spectacle at all points without feeling overwhelming or boring. Probably the best use of pyro in a Epcot show, ever. Maybe in all of WDW (for a nightly show)? (Thanks Eric) It's such a consistent show where even the "boring" parts are still fun to watch.

I still have my wish of a version with a full original score but I'll take this as a very comfy middle ground. It just goes to show a near unlimited budget doesn't guarantee a hit show.
Absolutely how I feel as well. Nothing will ever top Reflections of Earth, how could it? But given the cards the creative team was dealt, they hit it out of the park and then some. I saw it every night on my December trip (skipping HEA all three nights) and will see it twice this one. I definitely agree it’s the strongest nighttime spectacular being offered right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom