News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

heapster411

But, will it have a "Holiday Tag" attached to it? Noticed while watching CP on the "tube", The choir sang the song they usually put with the "Holiday Tag" that was done with Illuminations, but when the streamer showed EF, No Tag, just the usual ending. Will be there next Monday, I will just wait and see!

Epcot82Guy

This one will be interesting to see. While I wish there was more original content, these songs could be woven together to create something inspirational and emotional. The key will be if the show is truly a show - not a showcase of random songs. If this has a clear story and continuity, I think it will be a success. If it is just a vehicle for the IP songs (or something even more disjointed), I am more concerned.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
6 PM Testing is underway... 3.5 hours until a page is turned in the EPCOT legacy!
20231205_181103.jpg

jmvd20

The reason Reflections of Earth remains my favorite show is that it triggered emotion. Shows that are cool to look at are fun in the moment but do not have any power after they are over. From what I have seen and heard I am very optimistic that Luminous will do what no other show outside of ROE has done. Harmonious was the IP disaster, after seeing the Disney songs that are in Luminous I think they can pull this one off and make a more than acceptable replacement of ROE. Only 3 hours left until we know the answer.

stuart

Pity i'm not sat in the Rose & Crown beer garden for this tonight, but i'm quietly optimistic for this. From what's been said, and the footage so far, I think this will stand alone as a very good show.

Reflections of Earth was so unique there's little point comparing anything to it. I just hope this is a good show which there is a connection to, and a show that does the park justice. If it does, it will mean it's back to being early for a seat at the beer garden wall and no scenes like this, an hour before show time, 2nd July this year. Poor Epcot Forever (which we preferred to Harmonious).
IMG-20230702-WA0020.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom