News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

ilovetotravel1977

I actually liked Harmonius! We watched from the France bridge, which perfect for the end of the night and using the skyliner. We could see a few barges and the side of the ring. I didn't realize it was hardly ever a proper ring as it peeled apart more than stayed intact.

I found the trick to watching any show over water...standing directly behind people using scooters that parked along a gate/edge. I'm 5'0 and it was the perfect idea to watch this LOL So thank you to the folks in the scooters!

Touchdown

It’s a shame that for its final run much of it will occur when they have a stage set up on POE plaza blocking the best view, currently joyful is completely blocking the view with Christmas trees and presumably during the Arts Festival they will have a backdrop that blocks the view too.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm sure there's a team for a night parade somewhere...
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ac35...yMkU4RkVGRTc2NzRCQjI1OEQzN0FERjJGMkU1Qg&ntb=1
See the source image
I wish

rle4lunch

I tried to like the new show, but it just kinda hit like a big "meh". Definitely not enough wow factor to justify the unsightly tacos on the water. I really thought they were gonna mix the grandeur of WoC with something as big as HEA, but instead we got a plussed up River's of Light.

I never got to see the drone show, but think that would've been more impressive than the barges.

Last edited:

Disone

I tried to like the new show, but it just kinda hit like a big "meh". Definitely not enough wow factor to justify the unsightly tacos on the water. I really thought they were gonna mix the grandeur of WoC with something as big as HEA, but instead we got a plussed up River's of Light.

I never got to see the drone show, but think that would've been more impressive than the barges.
I do think it vibes world of color. In fact, I began to really enjoy to show once I began watching it from that perspective... it's World of Color with fireworks and a different technology. LED barges (taco) instead of mists screens.

I think it's a vastly improved show when you watch it from front center and that to me is the biggest issues.

If you don't view it from front center, you're not really watching the best version of the show. Then they put stages front and center that blocked the best view of the show. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

The other issue is the amount of fireworks is not enough. I would guess it has more firepower (# if pryo launches) than illuminations, but it's also is almost twice as long and I suspect it has nowhere near twice as many fireworks.

Vinnie Mac

I do think it vibes world of color. In fact, I began to really enjoy to show once I began watching it from that perspective... it's World of Color with fireworks and a different technology. LED barges (taco) instead of mists screens.

I think it's a vastly improved show when you watch it from front center and that to me is the biggest issues.

If you don't view it from front center, you're not really watching the best version of the show. Then they put stages front and center that blocked the best view of the show. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

The other issue is the amount of fireworks is not enough. I would guess it has more firepower (# if pryo launches) than illuminations, but it's also is almost twice as long and I suspect it has nowhere near twice as many fireworks.
I counted awhile ago and Illuminations beats Harmonious in pyro count only because of the finale. Without the finale, Harmonious beats it. Illuminations has more fireworks in a shorter period of time though as the action picks up similar to Harmonious

IMDREW

I counted awhile ago and Illuminations beats Harmonious in pyro count only because of the finale. Without the finale, Harmonious beats it. Illuminations has more fireworks in a shorter period of time though as the action picks up similar to Harmonious
Imo the fireworks themselves are also less impressive. I dont know if that has to do with actual less impressive shells or the usage of them, but Illuminations looked grander with many different things to show-firework wise

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Imo the fireworks themselves are also less impressive. I dont know if that has to do with actual less impressive shells or the usage of them, but Illuminations looked grander with many different things to show-firework wise
Illuminations very much so spoke through it's Pyro. It was perfectly choreographed to visually represent the emotions conveyed by Greenaway's score. With Harmonious, the fireworks don't tell the story, so they're simply present to add flair, and serve no true purpose.

gerarar

Premium Member
Did you count those comets individually in the finale? They shoot like 4 or 5 in each fan multiplied by how many barges there are, so that is a lot lol.
Screenshot_20221220_140026_YouTube.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
No I just assumed that it was at least a thousand shells because the nickname of the finale claims it has a thousand. Not good measure, I know. But I'm not counting all of THAT
I think realistically those white comets add up to a couple hundred, around half of 1k?

It's very similar to HEA's finale with all those multi-colored exploding comets going up in the finale, which add up to about ~150 total (17-19 per launch, 8 total columns) when it first premiered. Of course this was cut down to 6 columns in 2021 and even less per launch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom