News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Squishy

Say what you will about Harmonious but lack of pyro wasn't something you could say about it. Recently re-watched the whole show on YouTube, and there was a lot of pyro in it, a lot more than I remember
2/3rds of the show's lifespan at least, they cut half the shells after that barge fire and didnt bring it back till Epcot Forever despite that barge being in NYE & other special events.

gerarar

Premium Member
2/3rds of the show's lifespan at least, they cut half the shells after that barge fire and didnt bring it back till Epcot Forever despite that barge being in NYE & other special events.
Fire happened Oct 2022 (separate from the American Pavilion theater fire in April).

The damaged barge was fixed by NYE 2022.

Was announced at D23 in Sept 2022 that Harmonius would be ending its run. By then they probably already adjusted Harmonius's pyro orders and stock to just use the 1 barge until it glows away.

Kinda sad they (management likely) chose to go that route. Would've been nice if they restored the show to its full power for its last 4-ish months when it swapped to Epcot Forever in April 2023. The finale (that I personally liked) was hit so hard with the 50% cuts.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Fire happened Oct 2022 (separate from the American Pavilion theater fire in April).

The damaged barge was fixed by NYE 2022.

Was announced at D23 in Sept 2022 that Harmonius would be ending its run. By then they probably already adjusted Harmonius's pyro orders and stock to just use the 1 barge until it glows away.

Kinda sad they (management likely) chose to go that route. Would've been nice if they restored the show to its full power for its last 4-ish months when it swapped to Epcot Forever in April 2023. The finale (that I personally liked) was hit so hard with the 50% cuts.
Those 50% cuts were brutal

ToTBellHop

I didn't bother watching a single video or live stream of the show for its final months after the fire. Late 2022 - Early 2023 Harmonious never existed to me. I only remember it the way i saw it in 2021
You were like
1701650780193.gif

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Some interesting stuff on the lagoon tonight:

All show barges (6 Large and their accompanying 3 Minis) were all out, leading me to believe there's an unscheduled test tonight. I'll come out and see what's happening.

EPCOT Forever was running mixed pre-show music this evening, borrowing some songs from Harmonious' extended pre-show loop, including two songs I'd never heard on that loop prior.

The show was also delayed by about 2.5 minutes (which wasn't even the length of ONE of the out of place preshow songs). Lots of Pyro boats still out on the lagoon as the show started.

Squishy

Some interesting stuff on the lagoon tonight:

All show barges (6 Large and their accompanying 3 Minis) were all out, leading me to believe there's an unscheduled test tonight. I'll come out and see what's happening.

EPCOT Forever was running mixed pre-show music this evening, borrowing some songs from Harmonious' extended pre-show loop, including two songs I'd never heard on that loop prior.

The show was also delayed by about 2.5 minutes (which wasn't even the length of ONE of the out of place preshow songs). Lots of Pyro boats still out on the lagoon as the show started.
Theyve been testing almost every night this week I think.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Seems like Luminous was performed for some sort of event/preview. Convention Guide CMs are posting they saw the show at the event they worked this evening.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
The more I listen to it, I simply cannot believe 'So Close' has not been regularly used for castle shows. It's such an incredible and evocative song for the medium. I feel like this is going to be the most emotional "romance" section we've ever seen.

Also, listening to it, you can totally hear why it was chosen for this show's concept. The orchestral arrangement backing that song is gorgeous and begging to be utilized.

Disney Analyst

The more I listen to it, I simply cannot believe 'So Close' has not been regularly used for castle shows. It's such an incredible and evocative song for the medium. I feel like this is going to be the most emotional "romance" section we've ever seen.

Also, listening to it, you can totally hear why it was chosen for this show's concept. The orchestral arrangement backing that song is gorgeous and begging to be utilized.

“So Close” is such an emotional and gorgeous segment of World of Color. Fantastic song.

sparklejoy

Is there a chance the (2 original) songs of Luminous will also be released on tomorrow on Spotify or so?
I'm here to look for information to add to KatharineMcPhee.net so if someone has more info, please let me know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom