News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

RSoxNo1

Whoa, I had not seen this angle of the GotG showbuilding. That is UGLY. Black smears going down the launch tunnel? Yuck.

But I am glad the sightlines for World Showcase won't be besmirched by tacos any longer.

It's awful. Really wish they'd just put a super basic envelope around it where the top-down cross section at the roof is a rounded-corner rectangle and the cross section near the base is a rounded-corner isosceles trapezoid with a concave curve on the side facing Wonders of Life. Then just face the straightaway connector with artificial foliage. Or whatever. I honestly don't care what they do as long as I don't see corrugated metal, gutters, and obvious grime buildup.
The should paint a Tibetan temple on the side.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Meh. Space Mountain and SSE also accrue black mold stripes that has to be pressure washed every so often.

As an aside, this is part of the reason Disney replaces or rethemes attractions rather than add a brand new one. Each attraction has a cost for upkeep and maintenance and staffing. Once an attraction isn't pulling its weight in bringing in guests or has growing maintenance and upkeep costs, a financial decision has to be made:
  • Pay for a huge refurb and keep it the same.
  • Pay for a huge refurb, but retheme it to something more popular (or less 'problematic').
  • Pay for a replacement attraction.
Putting new attractions everywhere when you have attractions becoming problematic... you address the problematic ones first.

They’re too cheap to build, staff, and maintain more rides to meet capacity. Also…more capacity decreases demand for more nickel and dime upsells that they have convinced themselves customers won’t catch on to/get sick of…
…evidence suggest the customers already have…

For tomorrows lesson: I will translate hieroglyphs and teach everyone alien ping pong 🤓

ToTBellHop

Those scrims will be adjusted but are going to be used to block views of machinery during the evening hours when these are out before sunset. They have continents on them as an homage to IllumiNations. The fact that they are doing that, to me, is a good sign with respect to the overall heart of Luminous.

Vinnie Mac

Those scrims will be adjusted but are going to be used to block views of machinery during the evening hours when these are out before sunset. They have continents on them as an homage to IllumiNations. The fact that they are doing that, to me, is a good sign with respect to the overall heart of Luminous.
They could have easily just put up a plain blue scrim or no scrim at all but the fact that they did something that pays homage to IllumiNations and something that blends into the World Showcase theme is awesome

mattpeto

McMickeyWorld

First look at the music for Luminous: The Symphony of Us.

"At the start of the show, World Showcase comes to life as we hear voices from each pavilion welcoming us to this great gathering." sounds like IllumiNations 25

TheMaxRebo

Musically ok. The singing I’m not sold on yet. I hope there are some really aggressive energetic exciting movements musically like Illuminations

Yeah, I really liked the instrumental part towards the beginning - sounded very "EPCOT" .... Singing seems a little one the nose/in your face but will wait for the final product

Still am optimistic overall

JohnD

OSUPhantom

First look at the music for Luminous: The Symphony of Us.

Sounds great so far, the singing part may need time to grow on me, it sounded more like a castle show anthem but the instrumentals sound great and it has a grand and exciting feel.

mattpeto

Looks like IP is def a big part of it:

"With the stage set, our symphony takes us to the tender love of parenthood, highlighting childhood moments where each of our journeys began and featuring a stirring, multilingual arrangement of “You’ll Be in My Heart.” The symphony then transitions to “Proud Corazón” as we find our voice in a movement dedicated to the bonds of family. Friendship follows, with classic songs like “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” and “Friend Like Me” taking us back to the days of recess and friendship bracelets."

Set to a sweeping arrangement of “So Close,” a personal favorite hidden gem from Disney’s “Enchanted,” the romance movement celebrates the moments when we find someone with whom our melody blends.

Inevitably in life, we experience the quiet loneliness of loss, but as “When She Loved Me” and “Remember Me” bring us “Into the Unknown,” the echoes of those around us remind us that we’re never truly alone. As we come out of the darkness, the music crescendos to “I See the Light” from “Tangled,” launching us into our finale – and our second original song, entitled “Beating of our Hearts” – where we all come together as one and find our place in the great symphony of life. "

TheMaxRebo

So "Disney Songbook" songs are:

- "You'll Be in My Heart" - Tarzan
- "Proud Corazon" - Coco
- "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Toy Story
- "Friend Like Me" - Aladdin
- "So Close" - Enchanted
- "When She Loved Me"- Toy Story 2
- "Remember Me" - Coco
- "Into the Unknown" - Frozen 2
- "I See the Light" - Tangled

Nice to see some different options from other shows - interesting mutliple from Coco and Toy Story franchise

mattpeto

So "Disney Songbook" songs are:

- "You'll Be in My Heart" - Tarzan
- "Proud Corazon" - Coco
- "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Toy Story
- "Friend Like Me" - Aladdin
- "So Close" - Enchanted
- "When She Loved Me"- Toy Story 2
- "Remember Me" - Coco
- "Into the Unknown" - Frozen 2
- "I See the Light" - Tangled

Nice to see some different options from other shows - interesting mutliple from Coco and Toy Story franchise

Pinar Toprak also confirmed to do the score...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom