News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Squishy

Interesting that Universal is also getting a new nighttime show. They trying to compete with Epcot’s new show?
Imo if they focused on a nighttime parade similar to Universal Tokyo's they'd have a better chance of competing against WDW but I guess neither WDW or Universal want to pay the performer cost of doing such a thing..

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

EPCOT's new nighttime spectacular will continue to feature music from the Disney songbook​

HarmonioUS_Full_50835.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

EPCOT's new nighttime spectacular will continue to feature music from the Disney songbook​

Here's to hoping they actually thematically categorize and integrate the Disney music into the score better this time around...

No centerpiece barge this time around, I see. Maybe they'll use the Spaceship Earth Beacon instead.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
At least it suggests there might actually be an attempt to make things flow together instead of just making it a fractured clipshow spectacular? 🤷‍♂️
How many times does one need to hear "movie song from animated IP movie" in a nighttime firework show before it all blurs into the same predictable thing?

Even the description of this thing is predictable and uninspired.

Illuminations ran for almost 20 years. Considering how neglected it was in its last 10 years, it was still better than anything that came after it. (even if the replacement cost them millions and millions)

Spash007

How many times does one need to hear "movie song from animated IP movie" in a nighttime firework show before it all blurs into the same predictable thing?

Even the description of this thing is predictable and uninspired.

Illuminations ran for almost 20 years. Considering how neglected it was in its last 10 years, it was still better than anything that came after it. (even if the replacement cost them millions and millions)
The music of Harmonious is actually my favorite part - cobbled together yes, but I appreciated the way they incorporated different cultural elements into IP music. Had it flowed together much better, and without the eyesore barges, it had potential.

jrhwdw

I'm not talking about the completed end product, but the change will likely be a disappointment unfortunately.
Maybe we should just keep EF then!!!! It looked like MK is back on track last night and Epcot learned nothing(after EF of course)?!?!?!

I knew Disney100 and WSL in the same sentence wasn't IllumiNations like............

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom