Epcot's 40th Anniversary

jrhwdw

It's kind of a shame that we have to post status updates each day about whether the 82 loop is still playing and what light show they're doing. It would have been better if Disney had told us this would be a month long celebration or whatever the case may be. Some people may even schedule their vacations based on being able to see/buy things during the celebration.
I agree!!!! IDK why TDO is being so tight lipped about this........Even the Insiders don't seem to know how long the 40th is!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Meh. The loop is nice but it's been readily available to download for decades, I've been listening to it for 20+ years. For me, the beacon stuff is a non-starter. Don't care for it one bit, 40th or not. It ruins the natural beauty of the geosphere for cheap ooh's and ahh's from the lowest common denominator (I have standards, and I'm not apologizing for them). There is one view that was appealing to me, and it used floodlights to illuminate SSE in a beautiful hue of blue and the pucks were a very small point.

Surferboy567

A few new EPCOT 40 pins have shown up on shopDisney. Including the figment pavilion logo blind boxes. Usually not a fan of these but I had to try my luck.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The music is very good. For me it is just the fact that it's from a Netflix documentary and not written exclusively for EPCOT.
I'm sure it's very difficult for a Global Media Powerhouse like The Walt Disney Company to find people to create and put out an original soundtrack. Do they even have experience doing things like that?

JohnD

It locked in the vault until the 45th anniversary and then again until the 50th. After that, SSE will become self aware and relocate itself to Epic Universe.
It's not Epcot's 45th anniversary unless they drop a 45th anniversary banner and it gets stuck.

45th-Anniversary-Stage-Show-Magic-Kingdom-7.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm sure it's very difficult for a Global Media Powerhouse like The Walt Disney Company to find people to create and put out an original soundtrack. Do they even have experience doing things like that?

I don't think so. We are talking about the same Global Media Powerhouse that can't get the audio to sync up with the video for their own show on the internal resort network. Tried watching a show last week about the 50th, and the audio was 75 seconds behind the video (which was choppy and pixelated, to boot). Asking for something original is way out of their league.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Does anyone else feel that they could have had a statue of Card Walker with Figment sitting on a bench instead of Pooping Walt..Honestly, it makes way more
Sense to have this considering he had more development into what Epcot became and the including of creating TDL and the birth of The Disney Channel..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom