Epcot's 40th Anniversary

stuart

How about a simple grey polo with the logo stiched over The left breast, if you want to get fancy hint the SE triangle pattern on the collar.

After all what’s the one mens 50th item that has been impossible to find? The Nike dry fit navy polo with the gold WDW logo and castle.

Simple sells.
I have said this for years. Why must everything be so garish and in your face? And when it is subtle on the front the back has a ridiculous design.

I got very, very lucky and nabbed one of those in July. Seemed like they came out or baxk into stock then. The girl at the till said they sell out instantly, and have been super popular.

As you say, simple polo ans logo is all so many want. Even a store at Downtown Disney where you choose a shirt colour, choose a park / resort / ride logo.

I'm fortunate to have the tools at work, so made myself this....

Attachments

• IMG-20221011-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20221011-WA0007.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 65

Figments Friend

Simple, because they would shut them down and think their merchandise is better...

I have always been curious as to how these Etsy people can sell what is essentially ‘bootleg’ items with stolen graphics and not be shut down.
I am all for artistic expression, but it’s more then obvious a lot of money is being made on someone elses’ clearly copyrighted imagery and nobody seems to call them out on it.
So how do they get away with it?

Some of these sellers have very slick looking social media pages and websites that can easily lead someone not in the know to think this stuff is official Disney merch.
I’ve been observing this for years and have always wondered.

-

Inspired Figment

I have always been curious as to how these Etsy people can sell what is essentially ‘bootleg’ items with stolen graphics and not be shut down.
I am all for artistic expression, but it’s more then obvious a lot of money is being made on someone elses’ clearly copyrighted imagery and nobody seems to call them out on it.
So how do they get away with it?

Some of these sellers have very slick looking social media pages and websites that can easily lead someone not in the know to think this stuff is official Disney merch.
I’ve been observing this for years and have always wondered.

-
It’s because it isn’t a threat to their business, because they genuinely think people only want their current ‘mostly’ bland, low effort, generic offerings. Their thinking is “ about that “unfavorable” Disney IP they’re utilizing and selling. Isn’t a threat to us”

That or they just don’t want to cause a commotion & further bad publicity for themselves cause, in actuality, it’s only ‘promoting’ them & their business positively. (Which truth be told, is the best way to go about it.. see the way they targeted daycare centers using their characters.. not a good idea PR or legacy wise). Their product quality, reception of it, & sales should speak for themselves..

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom