Epcots 25th

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
As we all know, Epcot is turning 25 years old soon. It's a shame that they don't have a fantastic park to show with the origional rides such as JII and Horizons. but that's not ever changing.
I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks WDW should do to celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest theme parks in the world.

Some Ideas I thought of where:
~Expand the countries. add more rides, add countries and stores. Make the
countries all larger. add a canal to Italy, a larger village for Germany,
upgrade the Mexico ride and put something exciting into England.
~
icon4.gif
Take away the Wand!!!
icon4.gif

~do something with the entrance to the park right now it is very boring and
(sry to those who took part in it) I Hate the leave a legacy eye sore.
~More concrete that changes colors. I like that.
~Update the Living seas pavillioan. It needs it.
~Throw a Huge birthday Bash!!!
icon10.gif

Neptune

My question. why did you post the link to those smilies???

And i bet you, there will be SOMETHING that is celebrating it....

tracyandalex

i would really like to see disney work on the countries. new countries need to be added as well as updating the countries that are currently there

Moustronaut

Laufschneller65 said:
. add a canal to Italy,
Italy already has a canal, a small one, but it's there. It's located across the walking path along the banks of the world showcase lagoon. I don't think the gondola can go anywhere because of the low bridges, but there might be enough room. *shrug*

Personally I'd love to see Germany get it's dark ride. I don't know if the building has enough space anymore since the dinner theater is there now. But the original plan was for a dark ride boat cruise similar in scope to Mexico. Just didn't get funded.

WDWKat26

Umm...where would they expand on the countries? A lot of them don't have room...I think they're just fine the way they are.

And if my memory is correct, isn't Epcot's 25th next year? Well the Happiest Celebration will still be going on...and I haven't heard anything yet for any major changes to Epcot. It will be interesting to see what they do though... :drevil:

dave2822

WDWKat26 said:
And if my memory is correct, isn't Epcot's 25th next year?

Close, it is 2007. Nothing will probably be mentioned until after the HCOE has been completed.

WS will be very, very difficult to expand upon in my opinion. I'm not sure what exactly WDI has in store for the celebration, but any large scale attraction or expansion of one country would obviously make it larger than the other countries. Disney works very hard to keep up the "all countries are equal" theme, so no particular country looks imposing or larger than another.

Maybe they'll tweak the fireworks show, add a parade if possible, and just refurb.

maconMouse

I took the Epcot Hidden Treasures tour this week, and our guide told us he feels they are very close to adding Spain based on their huge presence at the Food & Wine festival over the last several years. Nothing can be confirmed of course, but that was just his feeling.

Also, interesting trivia, he told us there is room for SEVEN more new countries in World Showcase, basically every spot where we see green space at the moment. Wouldn't that be fun!

speck76

maconMouse said:
I took the Epcot Hidden Treasures tour this week, and our guide told us he feels they are very close to adding Spain based on their huge presence at the Food & Wine festival over the last several years. Nothing can be confirmed of course, but that was just his feeling.

Also, interesting trivia, he told us there is room for SEVEN more new countries in World Showcase, basically every spot where we see green space at the moment. Wouldn't that be fun!

Spain was rumored about 5 or 6 years ago......

RCMAN2001

Seeing how disney is only interested adding rides and could care less about theming and storytelling in thier lands today, I doubt disney would add a new land.

there getting a new fireworks show in 2007. Dont be surprised if thats it. One thing is for sure though, ROE will be replaced in 2007.

MagliteL13

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. And don't feel stupid--Disney uses a wealth of abbriviations--even as a CM (cast member) I find myself trying to figure some of them out.

WDWKat26

Oh man, if they got rid of Reflections of Earth...I think i'd cry! I love that fireworks show, I just watched it again the other night and had a permanent smile on my face. It brings back good memories....

disneysailor

I would love to see new countries, but I doubt that would happen. Spain is a good guess at what may be next (if anything at all). Spain is becoming an increasly wealthy and powerful country (therefore more funding available to sponsor a pavillion), and the Spanish are doing a lot to ensure that Spain is seen as a prominent figure on the world stage. They already consider themselves on the same level as G8 Nations and the top European countries. It'd be great if Spain made it into WS (followed by Greece, Switzerland, Russia etc!)

A more likely scenario is that they would build a few temporary cultural and educational attractions, as well as a few ride re-habs and maybe even a WoL re-theme.

As long as they don't do the Millenium Village again! It was a good idea but poorly executed and limited in scope.

speck76

WDWKat26 said:
Oh man, if they got rid of Reflections of Earth...I think i'd cry! I love that fireworks show, I just watched it again the other night and had a permanent smile on my face. It brings back good memories....

All good things come to an end.....I was upset when I heard the original Illumnations was going away, until I saw ROE.

ROE will one day end, and something new will replace it.

WDW has a pretty good track record in replacing firework shows, IMO...

ROE = better than Illuminations = better than Laserphonic Fantasy = better than A New World Fantasy = better than Carnival de Lumiere ( I never saw the first 3 shows, but have heard about them, and saw an old video of LF)

Wishes = better than Fantasy in the Sky

KumbaRider

The only thing in my opinion I see happening to WS would be an updated RoE. Although I'd love to see Germany finally get its dark ride, I believe most attention will be paid to Future World. They need to take down the wand, gut the Leave a Legacy graveyard, finish LS with new seacabs, help WoL and UoE. To me those seem like more of a priority now than WS.

Disneyfan1981

I'd like them to lose the wand, although I have an eerie feeling a "25" will be added to it....A new country I don't care which and SSE gets some TLC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom