Epcot's 25th Aniversery

askmike1

Well, it opened opened on October 1, 1982, so the 25 year anniversary would be 2007. Taking hints from past celebrations, I'm guessing this will be an 12/18 month one starting in May of 2007. This is just a guess, so if someone has something official, do add.

-Michael

peter11435

askmike1 said:
Well, it opened opened on October 1, 1982, so the 25 year anniversary would be 2007. Taking hints from past celebrations, I'm guessing this will be an 12/18 month one starting in May of 2007. This is just a guess, so if someone has something official, do add.

-Michael
Thats IF they do anything. I think they will but with the 50th so soon before, I have my doubts.

sniggle74

By reading previous posts to the board and hearing various rumors within those posts, my guesses would be that there will be a celebration for the 25th. I know it was stated that possibly not since the 50th is going on so close by....but if you remember, we did WDW birthday and a short year or so afterwords we did Walt's 100th birthday.

Plus, being a big fan of EPCOT - there had better be one :lol:

I think there are many other fans of the park that they would be silly to miss a large milestone like this one.

peter11435

sniggle74 said:
By reading previous posts to the board and hearing various rumors within those posts, my guesses would be that there will be a celebration for the 25th. I know it was stated that possibly not since the 50th is going on so close by....but if you remember, we did WDW birthday and a short year or so afterwords we did Walt's 100th birthday.

Plus, being a big fan of EPCOT - there had better be one :lol:

I think there are many other fans of the park that they would be silly to miss a large milestone like this one.
Actually WDW's birthday celebration was in 1996 and 97. Then the 2000 celebration was in 99 an 2000. The 100 years was in 2001, and 2002.

aklodge

peter11435 said:
Actually WDW's birthday celebration was in 1996 and 97. Then the 2000 celebration was in 99 an 2000. The 100 years was in 2001, and 2002.
I think that there will be a celebration, because EPCOT was kind of Walt's dream, fururistic place. So I think there will be one.

Chape19714

There have been rumors flying around on what is to happen. Some of the Ideas/Rumors have been:

1-A New version of Illumanations!
2-The return of Tapestry of Nations
3-The Removal of the Wand from SSE
4-Resteration of the "older" pavilions
5-New Fountain sequences for the Fountain of Nations

Buzzforprez

Figment fan said:
I want to know when Epcot's 25th Aniversery begins. DO you guys know anything?

They are going to bring back the following for the anniversary:
Horizons, Journey into Imagination, Kitchen Kabaret, Epcot Poll, Universe of Energy, Beavertails in Canada, Ostrich eggs in England (anyone else remember these???), breakfast pizza in the Coral Seas, double decker busses to ride on, more food on Italy's menu like it used to be, and World of Motion.

TheOneVader

Chape19714 said:
There have been rumors flying around on what is to happen. Some of the Ideas/Rumors have been:

1. Iactualyl wouldn't mind a new version, even though I'm a HUGE fan of RoE... But, just as logn as they do it right... Preferabley keeping the Inferno Barge and/or the Globe Barge.... And, of course, Gavin Greenaway's got to do the music... I've had some daydreams about a new IllumiNations for quite a while... It would involve a 360-degree fountain around the barges, and lasers on the Globe Barge...

2. If anything, I would think they'd make a new parade....

3. I would really like to see it, but I really doubt it... :(

4. That would be great! I'd love to see some new stuff added into the World Showcase, cuz God knows it needs it... I'd love to see a canal added to the Italy pavillion in the back. ;)

5. Ooh, a new fountain show would be good... And to make it better, at night, they could have it all lit up in different colors, and not just white.

askmike1

Chape19714 said:

1-I'd be open to a new show, but I'd seriously miss RoE since that's my favorite thing in all of Disney World. If this is true, I hope they don't use Disney music because they did that for Illuminations 25 and it was a horrible show.
2-I'd love this, but I think they would make a new parade
3-I hope not.
4&5-I can go either way. If they do it would be good, but if they don't I wouldn't cry.

-Michael

sniggle74

I too have heard of the rumors of a new IllumiNations show...I would sorely miss RoE (makes me cry EVERYTIME!), but if we can top RoE, I say go for it!

I think most of us are in agreement with the addition of at least one country to World Showcase.....we've been in need of one of awhile now.

Thank you for everyone correcting me about the millenium celebration....I didn't get to go during that time so I tend to forget about it :hammer:

DopeyJas2004

rainfully said:
Maybe they will turn SE into a giant Snowball cake... :lookaroun
HA HA!! :lol: :lol:
I think this would be a good idea to get people into the park because everyone loves these celebrations, I know I can't pull myself away :sohappy:

TinkerBell9988

Buzzforprez said:
They are going to bring back the following for the anniversary:
Horizons, Journey into Imagination, Kitchen Kabaret, Epcot Poll, Universe of Energy, Beavertails in Canada, Ostrich eggs in England (anyone else remember these???), breakfast pizza in the Coral Seas, double decker busses to ride on, more food on Italy's menu like it used to be, and World of Motion.

Now wouldn't THAT be something worth celebrating!

Even though its impossible, its nice to dream about it, haha.

Yes, I believe a celebration for EPCOT's 25th is highly necessary. Maybe they'll even bring back the "Center" in EPCOT... :lol:

FigmentJedi

I'd bring back Dreamfinder to JII along with old Image Works, with Dreamseekers appearing only there in some of the new/updated activities
Have a new parade similar to Tapestry with the Sage of Time's return
Rehab Wonders of Life and maybe put in another nutrition based show(like Food Rocks and Kitchen Kaberet) featuring Weird Al and having Eat It or a reworked version of it as the main theme.

Rcoaster809

EPCOT is a great place, and I think it deserves its own celebration, just not on the scale of the 50th of course. I would really like to the World Showcase pavillions get "finished". Like Germany and Italy getting their rides, and maybe Canada getting something to cover up Soarin. They should also use the "World Showplace" building for something. Also, isnt this when Soarin gets its new film?

grandmath

What I'd like to see:

-Big rehab of SSE
-Return of the sea cabs at Living Seas
-replacement for Wonders of Life
-New Soarin movie
-A new World Showcase ride
-New film for Canada and France

Vernonpush

Rcoaster809 said:
EPCOT is a great place, and I think it deserves its own celebration, just not on the scale of the 50th of course. I would really like to the World Showcase pavillions get "finished". Like Germany and Italy getting their rides, and maybe Canada getting something to cover up Soarin. They should also use the "World Showplace" building for something. Also, isnt this when Soarin gets its new film?
Don't forget the coaster that was supposed to go in Japan.

Chape19714

Ok, yes Epcot may add a new parade, but from what I heard it would be a "redisigned" version of tapesty, just like Tapestry of Dreams vs. Tapestry of Nations. I have heard the puppets are still backstage, so it would not take much. Keep in mind, a parade is probally the last thing on thier mind, because EPCOT was not origionally designed to host a parade. Crowd control was a NIGHTMARE during the running of these 2 parades. Maybe some kind of parade on boats like at Tokyo DisneySea. :lol: World showcase does handle a firework crowd quite well.

I would say though, that I do think a version of Tapestry will return sometime to EPCOT, if not for the 25th, then sometime else. It was to many who work and visit a "classic" in it's own right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom