Epcot

phillipsa9

Original Poster
what does EPCOT stand for? im sure the answer is around here somewhere but i haven't been able to find it and i just can't remember...

TheOneVader

EPCOT was originally named the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (As tigsmom said) when it was going to be a city. They kept the name for the theme park, EPCOT Center, but later renamed it became just Epcot. So technically, the park's name doesn't mean anything nowadays.

RPMdfw

Epicurian
Providers
Constantly
Offer
Treats

(This is especially true during the International Food and Wine Festival)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Every Parkmap Comes Out Trashed...

In order, we have had

E.P.C.O.T

EPCOT

EPCOT Theme Center

The World Showcase

EPCOT Center

Epcot 94

Epcot 95

Epcot 96

Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
YQY747 said:
I think they changed it to just EPCOT because you can't copyright an acronym. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quite possibly. The first time WDP called it EPCOT was 1978 - or was it `75 at the Contemporary Conference - but I thougt is was to make the distinction between Walts Vision and a park.

Empress Room

YQY747 said:
I think they changed it to just EPCOT because you can't copyright an acronym. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's betting that the folks over at IBM and AAA would disagree, not to mention ESPN : )

The WWF changed because the World Wildlife Foundation was tired of being associated with grown men rolling around in their undies in front of thousands of screaming idiots!

DisneyJester77 said:
The WWF changed because the World Wildlife Foundation was tired of being associated with grown men rolling around in their undies in front of thousands of screaming idiots!

Everyone who has ever seen wrestling live is an idiot?
Nice.

Sledge

Account Suspended
DisneyJester77 said:
You must be the __________ idiot. Some of the smartest people I've ever met have been wrestling fans. A lot of my professors were wrestling fans. Chris Benoit and Bret Hart need to drive to Ottawa and _____ slap you.

pintraderpayee

Fellas, Fellas! Simma down now, simma down:lol: . Maybe DisneyJester was just jesting???:D I personally love Sumo wrestling and I have a college education. Back to the OP....I sometimes forget that it is Epcot now and not EPCOT. I saw on one of the Discovery or Travel Channel specials about Walt where he originally called it a city, but plans were altered and city became community.

I love sumos!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom