EPCOT -- What could we do to improve it?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
There is actually quite a bit to do in The World Showcase. Although not extensive, Mexico and Norway have rides. Norway, Japan, Canada, and France, I know have visual presentations. The American attraction is awsome. Offkilter performances in Canada, numerous "street performances" well scheduled. The problem with most people that think the World Showcase does not have enough to do are people who are not really interested in learning about other places, and are only really interested in themed thrill rides. Thats fine, nothing wrong with that, but dont think that in order to be fun and interesting you need a rollercoaster at each pavillion.

"And thats all I have to say about that...."

:wave:

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
All of you guys are twisting what I said. I didn't SAY that it had to be thrill rides. And Test Track is basically go karts. What's different about it? (I know...I know... theming, adventure, and the Disney EXPERIENCE!)

Not trying to be mean but I am sad no one cares what I said. Instead you compliment other people:(

Legacy

And I can't race other people on Test Track.

:confused:

Mickeyrulz, if you start a topic (especially one as open ended as this), you need to accept what is said. You did not provide any ideas as to what would help improve Epcot, yet you want accolades? Starting the topic doesn't win any respect, adding to the discussion in a relevant and constructive way is what will make people notice you.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Main Street USA said:
I'm not going to argue with a little kid about Test Track being like go karts. :lol:

Yeah, the next thing you know he will be saying Figment isnt real.....and I wont stand for that.......... :hammer: :mad: :cool: :rolleyes:

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
Main Street USA said:
I'm not going to argue with a little kid about Test Track being like go karts. :lol:
did you know that this "little kid" also has a kidney cyst? That he just found out today? I don't need you harassing me!

NeXuS1000

I really don't get why you people dislike thrill rides so much. Sure, there needs to be entertainment for the younger ones too, but a "simple" slow ride with AA can become boring over time. I'm not saying it is, especially with the right music, storytelling and special effects, but thrill rides can leave an ultimate rush. What I about test track is it's composition. All the things you go through first are fun, but not necessarily wild, but it ends with a high-speed acceleration, so you'll leave the ride with a great sensation.

What I would really like to see more is a combination of slow and thrill rides. Why not mix the two? It really can't be that difficult!

I know it's already kinda like that in some rides already, like Spiderman, but I haven't seen anyone use both kind of rides in the same ride. Like you start off the ride being slow, using AA to tell a story and such. After the slow part of the ride, then something drastic in the story will happen - a panic moment or something, thus transforming it into a thrill ride.

I could also just imagine what I would like to call Adventure Coasters. Enter the coaster and then start off slowly going into the story. Imagine something like Jurassic Park, where you are taken into the park to see the animals. You go pass some of the cages with dinos and eventually end up at the T-rex (like in the movie). Then f.ex. the power goes out and suddenly the T-rex attack and the coaster accelerates to escape (back-up power) and so on... the possibilites are endless...

It's the perfect way to tell a good story and experience a thrill and at the same time you won't need to mix the two rides at the same time (like with Spiderman), but you can experience them both as the contemplates each other...

KevinPage

Okay here goes:

- get a post show for SSE & redo the end of the ride to bring it up to date

- bring back the sea cabs at TLS and complete the Nemo transformation.

- redo JIYI with a NEW concept based on the original atraction. revamp the post show for better traffic flow or open Image works upstairs. Connect HISTA & Journey areas, so it's one big pavillon. currently it is vefry cumbersome outside. Bring back the Dreamfinder Meet & Greet.

- redo WOL & UOE so people CARE & want to visit these pavillons.

- obtain more interesting sponsors for Innoventions or scrap the idea completely for something more useful to a vareity of guests.

- redo The Land pavillon (which they are doing-YAH), replace The Circle of Life movie with something better and improve Living With the Land to include how the seasons change and better special effects, less rooms with empty floorbaords and video screens

- add a low key type attraction (that anyone can enjoy) to each pavillon in World Showcase, that currently does not have one (Germany, Italy, Japan, England, Morocco) & keep it based on the history of it's respective country.

- remove The Outpost and add another country, Greece, which is rich with ancient history.

- relocate CoP to Epcot as it feels more "in tune" with Epcot's pace than MK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not holding my breathe, but if I had my drothers :D

NeXuS1000

BTW I'm inclined to begin a bit of Project Gemini myself. I'm not that good at drawing (yet), but I think it could be interesting and fun. Now I've always loved Epcot - like many of you seem too as well - but it still could use a lot of work. Since my first visit (in 1989) a lot of things has happened to Epcot, some I like and some I dislike, but I wouldn't say it has taken such a bad turn as some of you imply. Although it has been some years since my last visit (I live in Denmark, so it's not everyday you go to Orlando), I still think it did pretty well back then... the only big change from now to then i Mission Space (which was under construction back then)...

Funny thing is, what I'm almost most disappointed about is Innoventions. It's way too unstructered and non-themed these days. There's lots of different small stuff, but it really needs a better layout and more themes...

But I got lots of, hopefully cool, ideas for Epcot, which I'll try to work on in the coming months (when schedule allows me).

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/14603logo.jpg

Main Street USA

Mickeyrulz said:
did you know that this "little kid" also has a kidney cyst? That he just found out today? I don't need you harassing me!
Sorry to hear about that. However, a lot of us have problems, and just like yours, they have NOTHING to do with this conversation.

Like I said, sorry about your medical problems, but it won't stop me from saying so when someone makes a ridiculous comment like "test track is just like go-karts."

Legacy

Thanks Main Street, I was trying to think of a nice way to respond to that... you thought it up before me.

FigmentJedi

My ideas:
The Innoventions area: East Innoventions stays as a future technology showcase, West Innoventions acts as the showcase of the original EPCOT plans, with the model now in Tommorowland refurbed to original World's Fair size. Also, there would be similations and demonstrations of the innovative technologies that were planned and a similator ride taking you into the city. Incorporate Tom Morrow 2.0 and SMRT-1, Tom in East Innoventions and SMRT 1 in West.
Spaceship Earth: Give it a nice rehab with a new ending and narration by James Earl Jones. Also, DESTROY THE WAND!
Test Track: Expand the pavillion to include a new World of Motion and a new suspended dark ride version(ala Peter Pan's Flight) of Dreamflight. Also bring back the Bird and the Robot show in the Transcenter.
Imagination: Scrap the Institute theme completely, have it return Dreamfinder and Figment together as a team and add TOD's Dreamseekers as additional characters of the pavillion with a new movie in Magic Eye theater that's basically a remake of Magic Journeys, with them helping bring the childrens dreams to life. The new ride itself would cover the classic themes of Art, Literature, the theater and Science along with Music and dreams of the future(Horizons references!). Literature would be expanded on with scenes from classic books such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea's squid battle, From the Earth to the Moon's cannon launch, The Hobbit's riddle game between Bilbo and Gollum, and Thru the Looking Glass's Jaberwocky poem. Art would be rhythmicly changing color to the beat of One Little Spark. The Theater would show Dreamfinder and Figment doing the song on a darkened stage as a spotlight illuminated them on different spots as they sing the lyrics. Music would come after Theater and would have Dreamfinder doing the symphonic conducting on one stage while Figment would become a one man band on another small stage. The footage in science would be updated and a chemistry set along the side would emit colored smoke and smellitizers. The finale is about the same with some additions to the screens and making it a full fledged CircleVision 360 in there with Figment acting as Sorceror Mickey and waving around a Lightsaber added to the screens along with the others. Image Works is back upstairs and the current one becomes a small counter service resturant called the Figment Cafe. Outside, the Dreamfinder and Figment walkaround would return along with walkaround Dreamseekers interacting with guests and the "meet and greet" becomes more like street entertainment.
The Land: Keeps it's environmental theme, no travel agency crap. Soarin' has a new film that travels through all the world's biomes, showing us the land we all love from the perspective of the sky.
Wonders of Life: Update the films of both Body Wars and Cranium Command, though retain the same basic stories. Add a new Kaberet show(nutrition probably belongs in WoL anyway..) with songs from both Kitchen Kaberet and Food Rocks along with songs by Weird Al Yankovic, who also hosts this version. The preshow is a Behind the Music spoof that shows what happened when both shows disbanded annd how Weird Al brought acts from both back together in a new show. 3 classic Weird Al songs are in, Eat It; which is the closing number, Fat, and Lasagna.
Weather Pavillion: Goes between The Land and Living Seas, includes Storm Rider as the main show along with some weather demonstrations and shows throughout the Weather Institute.
World Showcase:
Japan: Put in Meet the World from Tokyo Disneylannd
Spain: Goes in place of the Outpost
Germany: Put in the Rhine River boat ride
Put something in the old Millennium Village, I don't know what, maybe some more pavillions, but I need to think of some...
New parade that similar to Tapestry of Nations , but with elements of DLP's ImagiNATIONS(floats for different continents) along with the puppets(some of the old designs along with new ones) and led by the Sage of Time.
I probably have other ideas for World Showcase but I can't think of them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom