EPCOT vs Hollywood Studios

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Should You Skip Epcot in 2022? - Disney Tourist Blog
Disney's Epcot needed a revamp. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy are here  to save the day - CNN
harmonious-nighttime-spectacular-fireworks-50th-anniversary-disney-world-049.jpg

Hollywood Studios: Disney World's Best Rides & Most Frustrating Park -  Disney Tourist Blog
WDW 2020 Studios Sunset Boulevard at night 3 - AllEars.Net
Disney's Hollywood Studios | Guide to Rides, Shows & Dining

Let's say that you have one single day in the Orlando area, and you can only go to one of these two parks. Which would you pick?
Both parks have excellent rides, great themed lands and immersion, and overall rely on a fun theme park experience.
Which park is superior, has better rides, more fun, etc? Which is the better park? Discuss.

HMF

Both are compromised themes. I would select EPCOT for the little thematic consistency left. Hollywood Studios is just a dumping ground for whatever IP doesn't fit anywhere else.

JIMINYCR

I once upon a time would have said DHS but EP has become a park that has become a fav of mine. DHS has some elements to it that makes it a park that I will go to, while EP brings more enjoyment over DHS. Dining and pavilions adds even more.

Po'Rich

To me, the answer completely depends on the audience. While I personally like Epcot better and would choose it, I have to say that Hollywood Studios has made some nice improvements. If my son was asking (he's 24, and a huge Star Wars fan), I'd suggest HS. If it were someone with younger kids, I'd also recommend HS. For everyone else, I'd suggest Epcot.

SpectreJordan

Hollywood Studios has the better lineup by a landslide. EPCOT has some good rides but the only ones I love are Guardians, Soarin' & Living with the Land; with Guardians being my favorite ride at WDW. However, DHS has two of the best rides on property with Tower & Rise; I think their lineup of secondary rides is a lot better than the likes of Frozen, Test Track, etc...

I'd say they're about equal when it comes to shows. Indy/Fantasmic & the American Adventure/nightly fireworks are both pretty good.

I don't think the theming of either park is on the level of the two Kingdoms. I love the theming of World Showcase but the theming of the front of the park is just sort of...nothing? I love the theming of Galaxy's Edge, Sunset Blvd, Muppets Courtyard & Toy Story Land. But then the middle of the park is just a confused mess of buildings.

Hollywood gets the edge for me because I prefer the ride lineup & I'm a big fan of Star Wars/old school Hollywood. But I can get why EPCOT's calmer atmosphere is appealing.

gitchard

I cannot choose. They both have their pros and cons. It would all depend on how I am feeling at the time.

Though being an annual passholder that lives in the area, my view is definitely different then someone visiting.

EPCOT is my favorite between the two. I do however love both, but if I had to choose it would be EPCOT. Yes, I love the Front of EPCOT, but we also spend so much time going around the world and see things and trying different foods and of course favorite things to eat. DHS is truly a lot of fun and always enjoy it when I am in the park. Love Star Wars and so on, but EPCOT with spaceship Earth is just a hands Down winner.

RoadiJeff

When I was at WDW last week it was hard to choose which of the two I wanted to visit a second day before returning home. I have access to the VIP Lounge above Test Track, which is kind of cool. HS has Galaxy's Edge and I'm a Star Wars fan.

I ended up going with HS for a second day. I think I rode Millennium Falcon 10+ times via the apparently not so well known single rider line with hardly any wait. I was trying for Super Pirate ranking but I was never put with a skilled enough crew to get it.

Last edited:

Mireille

Premium Member
Epcot is why I fell in love with WDW. I'd been to Disneyland a year or two earlier and liked it well enough, but visiting Epcot in 1986/87 is what really turned me into a fan of Disney parks. And yeah, I miss all the original pavilions and the replacements are generally pretty underwhelming (looking at you TT, M:S and new Imagination!) But every time I go, my first day is at Epcot and it's my favorite park for shopping. On the other hand, HS has been seriously up and down for me. I liked the original theming, even if the park was generally a half day park with not enough rides for a very long time, then going in 2018 before Toy Story Land opened and it was... a 2-hour park? ToT, RnRC, ST and the Indy show, I think? Maybe Toy Story Mania was accessible from the old entrance? I just did a bunch of character photos. It's much more fun now but I still haven't gotten rid of the bad taste from my mouth from those lean years and I'm not a big enough Star Wars fan for that area to redeem it completely for me.

UNCgolf

Both of these parks are current downgrades compared to their earlier best selves, but Hollywood Studios isn't as diminished as EPCOT (mainly due to attraction additions; the overall theming of DHS is a shell of what it once was).

I still think EPCOT is better, though. Hollywood Studios just doesn't have very much to do; it's a half day park. There are a handful of good attractions, Galaxy's Edge, and... that's basically it. It's easily the worst park on property right now IMO.

Last edited:

KikoKea

HS is still a half day park for us- Tot, ST, Muppets, RnRC and maybe TSM or Slinky if the lines are under 30 minutes, then we are gone. Epcot has SE (bless its clanky little heart) and LWTL, which is worth the ride to the park for us, despite its woes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom