EPCOT vs Hollywood Studios

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

Sir_Cliff

Both of these parks are current downgrades compared to their earlier best selves, but Hollywood Studios isn't as diminished as EPCOT (mainly due to attraction additions; the overall theming of DHS is a shell of what it once was).

I still think EPCOT is better, though. Hollywood Studios just doesn't have very much to do; it's a half day park. There are a handful of good attractions, Galaxy's Edge, and... that's basically it. It's easily the worst park on property right now IMO.
I feel very much the same way. For all its problems, Epcot is still a nice park to walk around and World Showcase still has a lot of interesting live entertainment, unique shops, and little museums to give it some of the flavour of Disney parks before IP overwhelmed everything else. Even in Future World, you can still catch a hint of the original park in Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and the aquariums in The Seas.

Hollywood Studios does have some great headline attractions, has gotten better, and I like the Old Hollywood theming of the front of the park. The park just doesn't have the scale, character, or variety of even the much-diminished Epcot for me, however.

UNCgolf

I feel very much the same way. For all its problems, Epcot is still a nice park to walk around and World Showcase still has a lot of interesting live entertainment, unique shops, and little museums to give it some of the flavour of Disney parks before IP overwhelmed everything else. Even in Future World, you can still catch a hint of the original park in Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and the aquariums in The Seas.

Hollywood Studios does have some great headline attractions, has gotten better, and I like the Old Hollywood theming of the front of the park. The park just doesn't have the scale, character, or variety of even the much-diminished Epcot for me, however.

I love the Old Hollywood theming -- that's one of the reasons I find the current park lacking even compared to what it was 15-20 years ago. That theming is mostly just facades now without all of the other content that enhanced the theme.

DHS has more attractions now, which is an improvement (even if I personally don't really like most of them), but so much else has been downgraded. The park used to be a cohesive overall experience (for the most part) and now it feels like a scattered assortment of disconnected areas.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom