Epcot Update for 9/07/07

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
I brought my camera bag with me to the parks, but left the camera at home. So enjoy these grainy cell phone shots!

090807_1.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me? Have they shaved Spaceship Earth's stubble?

090807_3.jpg

New bag check stations still under construction.

090807_2.jpg

10/01/07

090807_4.jpg

Both of the signs were pulled out, the mural remains, and the blue swooshes are still present.

090807_5.jpg

The planters are empty on both sides of the walkway here.

090807_6.jpg

Refurb walls on both sides of The Art of Disney.

090807_7.jpg

Temp signage.

090807_8.jpg

SSE makes a clean-shavin' entrance.

090807_9.jpg

Now Without Bushes!

090807_10.jpg

This is actually the spot that they will resurrect The Dreamfinder from underneath the soil. Tribal ritual and all.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
090807_11.jpg

And in the west corner we have the temporary NASA exhibit on display.

090807_12.jpg

More educational than the ISTC ball pits, even more sparsely attended...

090807_13.jpg

How far we've come from Brevard... How far to the Fountainview?

090807_14.jpg

Rocket Rods.

090807_15.jpg

This guy asked me if I wanted to build a rocket with him. I passed.

090807_16.jpg

Overall not a bad idea to be using this area when not in use for Food and Wine/Flower and Garden space. There needs to be more advertising to get people in though.

090807_17.jpg

New signage for Orange, Green, and Fastpass for Space. Looks like the Single Rider is gone.

090807_18.jpg

It was a really slow day at the parks overall if you haven't noticed yet. I couldn't imagine what it would be like without all the pin traders.

090807_19.jpg

Nothing new at Wonders.

090807_20.jpg

I took a nap in an empty row for thirty-seven minutes just to see Ellen's hand. It was, as of yesterday, still attached. Next time I have to remember to bring a space blanket for this ride.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
090807_21.jpg

A temporary missile silo has been erected while Cinderella's Castle goes under refurb this holiday season.

090807_22.jpg

Alfredo's didn't pay the rent this month.

090807_23.jpg

Let's hope they have their temporary replacement ready for the holidays since Food and Wine can only cushion the blow right now with Japan also out for the count.

090807_24.jpg

Walls are up also in France by the International Gateway, China, Japan, United Kingdom, and all of the locations for Food and Wine.

090807_25.jpg

They removed the Al Hirschfield caricature and logo from the sign. Inside all of the carpet has been removed.

That's it, I escaped Epcot before the EMH crowds and Night of Joy refugees controlled the park. I managed to pick up the black and yellow Epcot Center shirts in medium (they had almost all of the sizes) and the retro cap. Enjoy my 65 bucks Epcot!

Also of note at the Magic Kingdom the replacement tarp color for the Haunted Mansion is a dark royal red color. I just couldn't operate my camera to take a photo clear enough, but they've started placing it closer to the foyer doors.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
Live and learn. Picasa doesn't allow hotlinking, so bear with me as I upload them to another site in just a few seconds.

scpergj

I brought my camera bag with me to the parks, but left the camera at home. So enjoy these grainy cell phone shots!

Well...the shots may be grainy...but they're still pretty good pictures!

So, what kind of rockets did they have to help build...models, or some sort of toy?

Great update!

Kevin

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
What do you mean by this? Apparently I missed something... :lol:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=214750 :wave:

So, what kind of rockets did they have to help build...models, or some sort of toy?

Great update!

Kevin
It was an interactive program on the back-projected touchscreen in the picture above my comment. Seemed interesting, but I was starving and ran off to Sunshine Seasons to grab a sandwich. The Turkey and Muenster onFoccacia never disappoints. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom