Epcot Update - 9.27.06

epcot_fan

Banned
Original Poster
Have just returned from the park, a few changes to note:

. World of Motion - This has now changed to a new attraction called Test Track. A track has been added to the perimeter of the building and the attraction has been themed to a vehicle testing ground environment. A rather fast and intense yet thrilling experience.

. Communicore - Both pavillions have changed to house new hands on exhibitions. This has been re-named to 'Innoventions'

. Horizons - The actual Horizons bulding seems to have been totally demolished and a new space themed building takes it's place. I didn't get time to experience this attraction due to my shoe-lace but I hope to return in the next few weeks. Will post about this attraction soon.

. Spaceship Earth - This hasn't changed too much, although Jeremy Irons has recorded a new narration. There is also a big 'EPCOT' Mickey wand above the ball.

Just a few minor changes to note. Will put pictures up soon.

Bryan

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Welcome to the boards epcot_fan. Here are a few other changes that have occured that you might have missed.

At MGM studios some pretty exciting new rides have been created. One is called the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. This is a drop styler ride where you go through an impressively themed hotel and drop 13 stories in the elevator. There is also a new exciting indoor coaster called The Rocken Roller coaster featuring Aerosmith. This is a very cool LIM launched roller coaster with multiple inversions.

Nothing too new at Magic Kingdom just a lot of refurbs. Dreamflight is suppose to become some type of shooting game centered around Buzz Lightyear and I hear they might completely refurbish Small World. I also here that Disney is going to make a movie based on Pirates of the Caribbean. I can personally guarantee that that idea will flop.

An entirely new Disney them park has been built in WDW. The theme is centered around animals. The name of the New park is called Disney's Animal Kingdom. There is also rumor of a big new coaster project at Animal Kingdom called Forbidden Mountain or Everest or something like that. I don't think it will ever happen so don't hold you breath.

djronnieb

You must not have made it over to the Land, because that has been re-done with a huge new attraction called Soarn' where you glide over California and 4D show, simply amazing.

Gorjus

Has anyone heard that Eastern Airlines "If You Had Wings" is being replaced by Delta Airlines something or other?

:lol: :lol:

Is this the same guy that was a bit upset that Animal Kingdom was looking a bit rundown, especially in the Africa section?

metscool

When was the last time that you went to Epcot. Test Track has been there since 1999. Herizons has been gone sadly since 2000.

kcnole

good grief. You guys seriously need to install this new piece of software into your web browser called "Sarcasm Detector 1.0". Since you all are so daft as to not recognize this as what it is, Internet Explorer will not create a popup everytime a post is sarcastic warning you of the sarcasm contained within.

epcot_fan, they've also recently added Ellen Degeneres to Universe of Energy and I've heard that there's going to be some new show called Food Rocks or something that might replace Kitchen Cabaret. There's also a new country called Norway coming to World Showcase with a boat ride through Norwegian History. It should be quite fun.

While we are on the topic-- can I still catch a boat from River Country right to Discovery Island? I really enjoy spending the morning in "my favorite watering hole" then seeing the beautiful animals and birds out on the island.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom