Epcot TS conundrum...

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Welp...just when you think you have everything ALLLLL figured out, you realize the Le Cellier is now a signature dining experience for lunch and dinner.

So...... here is where I need your help.

1) do I keep Le Cellier and just pay out of pocket for another TS meal? (we could pay out of pocket for Via Napoli as that wouldn't be very expensive)

or

2) do I save the OOP expense and scrap Le Cellier and go some place else? And if we go somewhere else, where do we go?

Here is where we are eating at Epcot already:
Garden Grill
Chef de France
Rose and Crown
Via Napoli

Some things to note: looking for a TS, I don't like seafood, and my mom will be joining my DH and I this day.

Thank you!!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Keep it and pay OOP for Via Napoli. Le Cellier our bill between just the DH and me easily is over $150 before tip and Via Napoli maybe cost us $50-$60 before tip so for us Le Cellier is worth the 2 credits and both of those restaurants are one of our faves we do every trip. :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
If you keep it, I would pay out of pocket for Le Cellier because it's not worth two credits.

We could do that - mom and I could split a soup and steak. I'm stuffed after eating everything so that might work. Or maybe mommy will treat! :) Have you priced it out before? Paying out of pocket vs. spending the 2TS?

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Pay OOP for Via Napoli and enjoy Le Cellier. Another option is to go to either Biergarten or La Hacienda.

I was thinking of Biergarten. My mom is German and I think she would have an amazing time. But I struggle to find something to eat b/c everything has sauerkraut around it. DH and I did it back in 2009. I was hungry when we left.

LucyK

I was thinking of Biergarten. My mom is German and I think she would have an amazing time. But I struggle to find something to eat b/c everything has sauerkraut around it. DH and I did it back in 2009. I was hungry when we left.
I have to say I've never been to Biergarten. My mom wasn't too impressed with the menu and so far I haven't been able to persuade her to try it.

Sweet Melissa

We could do that - mom and I could split a soup and steak. I'm stuffed after eating everything so that might work. Or maybe mommy will treat! :) Have you priced it out before? Paying out of pocket vs. spending the 2TS?

I haven't really priced it out that way before because we don't get the dining plan, but I have looked at the menus and what the value of the credit would be. If you got the most expensive entrée and dessert at Le Cellier (which I doubt you would because I know your dining style, and even if I didn't, it's a feat of strength to eat a $46 ribeye at lunch), you would spend $56, or $28 per credit. A less expensive entrée and dessert there could be as little as $41, or $20.50 per credit. That's less than most entrées alone at Via Napoli, plus their desserts are anywhere from $8-14.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love the Biergarten but hate sauerkraut too. I usually eat the schnitzel or roast pork but I don't mind picking the kraut off a bratwurst though. If you got at dinner they ave sauerbraten which is a yummy roast beef and now kraut.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I haven't really priced it out that way before because we don't get the dining plan, but I have looked at the menus and what the value of the credit would be. If you got the most expensive entrée and dessert at Le Cellier (which I doubt you would because I know your dining style, and even if I didn't, it's a feat of strength to eat a $46 ribeye at lunch), you would spend $56, or $28 per credit. A less expensive entrée and dessert there could be as little as $41, or $20.50 per credit. That's less than most entrées alone at Via Napoli, plus their desserts are anywhere from $8-14.

Okay, I think I broke it down. My math is terrible so here goes nothing. The dining plan is about $111 for the two of us per day. We would of course have a snack which is about $5, and we would get lunch at a counter service which is roughly $35 bucks for us so when determining what to use a TS for, that leaves us about $70 for dinner. When you factor in Le Cellier is two, that is $70 x 2 and you are right, we are not eating our credits. Especially since the apps and Poutine are out of pocket expenses. But when looking at Via Napoli, we aren't eating enough either.

For my DH and I usually order the same thing. Soup is $9/person. We both get the filet $43/person. If we are indulging, we get the Poutine $8.00. And we both get the creme brule $8/person. So that is a total bill of $128 for the two of us, with out drinks. At Via Napoli we would spend 2 individual pizzas $19/person and maybe an appitizer for about $10. So that is, with out drinks, $50 bucks.

I totally get the point that it is not worth the 2 TS credits. I totally agree with that. But I need to decide what is the better thing to pay out of pocket for. Hmmmmmm.... PS - I hate math. :rolleyes:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have to say I've never been to Biergarten. My mom wasn't too impressed with the menu and so far I haven't been able to persuade her to try it.

I was thinking, we could just do sommerfest with her then and she could grab a brat and saurkraut there. And maybe skip lunch at Chefs de France, scrap Le Cell and then go to Chefs de France for lunch. Why do I feel like I'm trying to solve world peace right now?? I just need to pick a place to eat! HA! #DisneyPlanningProblems :)

75disney

Love your choices so far. How about Teppan Edo? They have steak and chicken and offer a cool dining experience. Or you could consider leaving and going to one of the Epcot resorts for dinner. I feel your pin though. Le Cellier is one of our faves, but we haven't been back since it went to TS credits. We just can't justify the cost. Good luck with your decision.

DisneyDebNJ

If you keep it, I would pay out of pocket for Le Cellier because it's not worth two credits.
I have to agree. Personally I don't think any restaurant at Disney is worth 2 TS credits. We have gone to Le Cellier since it changed to signature status and paid OOP. Teppan Edo is a good alternative. (Son is NOT a seafood eater but loves their filet and chicken) Rose and Crown is a terrific choice!!!

CrazyDisneyLady

I am doing LeCellier OOP but only getting the cheese soup with free pretzel bread yum and either the lobster Mac and cheese or the crime brûlée haven't decided. No steak this time but still get to enjoy the setting

I think Le Cellier is not really worth 2 dining credits. GardenGrill was ok, its character dining and a family style meal, kind of loke Librty Tree Tavern for dinner. The characters are fun for the kids though. I would love to try cChefs de France and Via Napoli is wonderful.

jmorri26

Try it!!! The menu is a little offputting til you're standing there- its actually very yummy and very normal. There's the odd items too, but its mostly normal foods. Its one of my favorite meals at WDW. Watch my hubby and dad get sloshed on huge beers and chow down on German grub with a show.

LucyK

Try it!!! The menu is a little offputting til you're standing there- its actually very yummy and very normal. There's the odd items too, but its mostly normal foods. Its one of my favorite meals at WDW. Watch my hubby and dad get sloshed on huge beers and chow down on German grub with a show.
Oh, I definitely want to try it sometime, my problem is convincing her to try it with me :confused:

I read the menu several times to her and I do think I'll enjoy it, I like chucrute and the cold offerings seems rather nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom