Epcot to Downtown Disney - How??

acgift

Hi everyone - Got a transportation question here. If we spend the morning at Epcot and want to go to Downtown Disney for shopping/wandering about, how would we get there? :shrug: Must we return to our resort and then get a bus? Could we go to the transportation center by monorail and get a bus there? Really have never been to the transportation center. Thanks for helping out. :kiss:

coltow

If memory serves you can only get to DTD from a resort. From Epcot sneak out the back and go to BW or BC and get the bus from there, that's probably the quickest way

Upvote 0

lpet11984

Going to one of the resorts with boat service to DTD is a fabulous way to go-- the boat ride is really relaxing! Otherwise if you're in a rush, try grabbing a bus at one of the near by Epcot resorts (although on certain days, the bus system isn't necessarily faster, so I've been told...)

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Take the Ventura Freeway to another freeway until you get to the Slauson cutoff. Stop the car. Get out of your car. Get back in your car and travel until you come to ...the fork in the road.

Or just take the bus to the nearest resort.

:animwink:

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

Going to one of the resorts with boat service to DTD is a fabulous way to go-- the boat ride is really relaxing! Otherwise if you're in a rush, try grabbing a bus at one of the near by Epcot resorts (although on certain days, the bus system isn't necessarily faster, so I've been told...)
Be warned though...The Boats are super slow too.I've seen toddlers outwalk that thing.:lol:

Upvote 0

ddbutts1

We've done the BW or Boardwalk bus to DTD and found that the buses that run to DTD from there are even slower than any other resort. The quickest we've found is to go to Pop and take the bus from there.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I would take a bus to POFQ since it is not as big as Riverside and take the boat to DTD. It is very relaxing, and not long at all. Or do what someone else mentioned...walk to the Boardwalk from the World Showcase and take the bus from there.

Upvote 0

PoohNTink02

Bus

We usually exit through the back of Epcot where you exit by the countries & walk to the Boardwalk hotel which is right there and then proceed to their bus stop where you can catch the bus to Downtown Disney :)

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I would take a bus to POFQ since it is not as big as Riverside and take the boat to DTD. It is very relaxing, and not long at all. Or do what someone else mentioned...walk to the Boardwalk from the World Showcase and take the bus from there.
weve done that , and we loved por, weve stayed there a few trips including our most recent one with the beach club. i like how its longer to do it to por

Upvote 0

jjgoo

I agree that the Epcot resorts are the best way to go. Just be warned that during the day the bus to DTD from the Epcot resorts is usually a local. It will stop at the Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC and Boardwalk.

May still be faster than going to PO or SS and taking a boat.

Other options: Go to SS and walk (there is a trail). Go to an Epcot resort and grab a cab (may be worth the $5-10 to save you the headache)

Upvote 0

acgift

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your advice. We're having lunch in Canada so walking through the countries to the boardwalk sounds perfect.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom