News EPCOT to be festival-free for summer 2024

wdwfan22

I think they know summer attendance is going to be down. Epcot's Food & Wine Festival didn't bring in the crowds for summer like they thought it would. Summer heat and daily rain doesn't make it very appealing to eat outdoors. It most likely hurt fall as well as the festival had run to long and started to feel stale. I don't see Tiana & Country bears packing in the summer crowds either. Time will tell.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think they know summer attendance is going to be down. Epcot's Food & Wine Festival didn't bring in the crowds for summer like they thought it would. Summer heat and daily rain doesn't make it very appealing to eat outdoors. It most likely hurt fall as well as the festival had run to long and started to feel stale. I don't see Tiana & Country bears packing in the summer crowds either. Time will tell.
Tron can arguably b a more anticipated ride than TBA, and last summer was slow.

Centauri Space Station

The festivals certainly do hurt the QS locations hardest. But generally with a couple of exceptions the QS Epcot locations are pretty terrible. I think it will certainly keep the locals away until the fall, but I'm not sure why that would be a good thing if the summer is going to be a slow summer.
Les Halles, Regal Eagle, Connections, Norway bakery are fantastic.

pigglewiggle

We've been to Food and Wine and also Flower/Garden. Outside of topiaries, those feel about the same to us. Also, seemed to be very hot at both. 😂
We can take or leave those at this point, so we'd be fine visiting during a non-festival time.

This year we will experience Festival of The Holidays for the first time and we are pretty excited as it seems to have some unique offerings.

Purduevian

It has more for sure. But YMMV at some locations...cough China...Japan...Connections...
Taking Carts/snacks out of it, my objective opinion is:
TierMKEPCOTDHSAK
S amazing Les Halles, RontoSatu'li
A Above average theme park foodCasey, Columbia, Sleepy HollowConnections, Crepes, Regal Eagle, Sunshine Seasons, ABC, Docking Bay 7, Woody'sFlame Tree, Harambe market,
smiling crocodile,
B AverageComsic Ray, Friar's Nook, Golden Oak, Peco's BillsSan Angel, Sommerfest,
Yorkshire
Backlot, Rosie'sRestaurantosaurus,
C or lower AvoidLunching Pad, Village Haus, TortugaKatsura, Lotus Blossum, Refreshment Port Catalina Eddies, Dockside, Fairfax, PizzaRizzoPizzafari, Yak and Yeti

Andrew25

Taking Carts/snacks out of it, my objective opinion is:
TierMKEPCOTDHSAK
S amazingLes Halles,RontoSatu'li
A Above average theme park foodCasey, Columbia, Sleepy HollowConnections, Crepes, Regal Eagle, Sunshine Seasons,ABC, Docking Bay 7, Woody'sFlame Tree, Harambe market,
smiling crocodile,
B AverageComsic Ray, Friar's Nook, Golden Oak, Peco's BillsSan Angel, Sommerfest,
Yorkshire
Backlot, Rosie'sRestaurantosaurus,
C or lower AvoidLunching Pad, Village Haus, TortugaKatsura, Lotus Blossum, Refreshment PortCatalina Eddies, Dockside, Fairfax, PizzaRizzoPizzafari, Yak and Yeti
I agree with most of this list. However, I've been a fierce advocate of ABC and it's quality has dropped over the land 2-3 months now unfortunately.

SoFloMagic

I'd imagine they'll have a food booth near the new building theyre opening. And they'd be fools to not have it be the Encanto food booth from farts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is the opposite of the original plans! They were going to add a festival, it was to be a patriotic kind of festival. Oh well.
Insiders indeed have shared that Disney has kicked around the idea of a Summer Festival, but, this is the first I've heard it would be a Patriotic theme. Do you know where that comes from?

Disstevefan1

Insiders indeed have shared that Disney has kicked around the idea of a Summer Festival, but, this is the first I've heard it would be a Patriotic theme. Do you know where that comes from?
I may have confused it with simply a Summer Festival. Now that I think of it, a patriotic festival would not have worked in EPCOT as EPCOT is a world celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom