News EPCOT to be festival-free for summer 2024

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It might just be they want EPCOT to handle any overflow from the MK too.
No One Page GIF

monothingie

Premium Member
Two thoughts:

They are worried about the Fall being extremely slow, and the only way to juice it up would be to condense F&W to hopefully boost crowds.

They are worried that the Summer is going to be too slow to justify the addition of adding F&W and that it would negatively impact the remaining Food and Beverage operations in Epcot.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Two thoughts:

They are worried about the Fall being extremely slow, and the only way to juice it up would be to condense F&W to hopefully boost crowds.

They are worried that the Summer is going to be too slow to justify the addition of adding F&W and that it would negatively impact the remaining Food and Beverage operations in Epcot.

I have a different theory - they are trying a summer without a festival to see how it affects park attendance and F&B sales in the park, to see if the revenue is worth the cost for the summer.

monothingie

Premium Member
I have a different theory - they are trying a summer without a festival to see how it affects park attendance and F&B sales in the park, to see if the revenue is worth the cost for the summer.
The festivals certainly do hurt the QS locations hardest. But generally with a couple of exceptions the QS Epcot locations are pretty terrible. I think it will certainly keep the locals away until the fall, but I'm not sure why that would be a good thing if the summer is going to be a slow summer.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
As a local, I like the festivals. I think they should do a “Summer Surprise Festival” that has a different theme every year, similar to the Springtime Surprise RunDisney weekend.

Some ideas: Retro Epcot (throwback to old attractions and music), Cinema Around the World (an international film festival), Space and Beyond (with NASA booths and presentations and space-themed Disney characters), Cool Summer (with chill zones and ice cream and cold brews from around the world), etc.

They could announce the theme on a set date every year. I think this could really bring in the locals in the hot summer months.

castlecake2.0

This. I’m guessing that most people visit a certain number of times, no matter how long the festival, it’s a yield management test.

Purduevian

The festivals certainly do hurt the QS locations hardest. But generally with a couple of exceptions the QS Epcot locations are pretty terrible. I think it will certainly keep the locals away until the fall, but I'm not sure why that would be a good thing if the summer is going to be a slow summer.
I mean even without the festivals, EPCOT still has better QS than MK and DHS for sure maybe AK but that is debatable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom