Epcot Space photo..as promised

NowInc

Original Poster
This is the same type of space shot as the MK one i posted a few days ago. As you can see, the pics are a tad bit outdated, but since the satellite takes a pic I think only once every 5 years, we will have to wait a tad bit longer till I can get a current one.

I will have MGM done by friday.

--now inc

Attachments

• epcotjpeg.jpg
    epcotjpeg.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 406

Brett

The best thing about this picture (besides the fact it rules), Horizons is still present! Rock On!!

racoonze

First Post

This forum is great! I hope I can add from my small experience with Disney. I've been backstage a few times and I have connections in the Feature Animation Dept.

Those pictures of the parks are amazing! I've tried to get ones like those for a long time.

I too am devistated over the loss of Horizons. I saw the pictures of the demolition and almost had tears in my eyes. I can't even look at an orange without getting misty eyed. But I guess it's typical for Disney they also threw away Mr Toad. I'm still steamed about that.

rac

Disney Maniac

Great photo. It's amazing how small some things like Spaceship Earth look from above when compared to the pavilions. Part of that is probably because Guests never see the entire exterior of any pavilion.

One of the things that amazes me most is how large the Monorail loop really is. Wow! :)

Okay, I have one observation to make: This satellite photo was obviously taken during the day and probably in the early afternoon (look at the shadows, they are pointing west). Now, my question is...where is everyone? I don't see any wakes from any of the Friendship ferries on World Showcase Lagoon being reflected. Also, there appears to be no monorail. Yes, I realize that there is not always a monorail, but still... Finally, and less likely of all...there appears to be fewer cars in the lots than I would have expected, esp. if the lots are for CMs.

If anybody knows anything...let me know. Thanks

Disney Maniac

Update

Okay, I think I'm going to take back what I said about there is no monorail present. I think there is one, now that I look closely.

On the photo, find Spaceship Earth and go to the left about an inch. Look at the monorail track between Spaceship Earth and The Living Seas. If you look closely, you'll see a thin white line right over the track. I think that's my monorail. If anyone can confirm or deny, let me know.

Disney Maniac

Honestly, I don't see any Friendships. I see the small islands in the lagoon, as well as several of the Friendships' docks (their white), but I don't see anything. Unless you're talking about the little marks close to the center of the lagoon, which I think aren't related, I don't see a thing. Let me know where you think you see it and I'll check it out.

Disney Maniac

HorizonsMan:
Okay, I see two Friendships now. One is docked near the bottom of the photo, the other is coming into the dock towards the bottom right of the photo. Sorry I doubted you. :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Disney Maniac
Finally, and less likely of all...there appears to be fewer cars in the lots than I would have expected, esp. if the lots are for CMs.

If anybody knows anything...let me know. Thanks

The lots at the top of the photo are the Disabled and Bus parking lots - so that level of traffic there would be typical I guess.

PS - great job NowInc!

racoonze

Studios?

Hey NowInc,

Thanks for the great work on those big pictures. I'm going to try to diagram all my backstage knowledge off of them. Since I don't know as much as I'd like I hope others do it too.

Back to my main purpose... you mentioned that youd do a Disney/MGM Studios picture. Is it up yet? I didn't see it while perusing the site. I'm really looking forward to it.

What is the source for those pictures. I found one that was much farther out. Yours are much better.

rac

WDW-Imagineer

Great pic, Its amazing how small Spaceship Earth looks, compared to the other buildings. Also, look at The Land - I never realized it was so big (I guess with all of the greenhouses and labs and stuff).

racoonze

The Land

I remember being surprised in a trivia book, "What is the largest Future World Pavilion?" It is The Land. And you are right... by those pictures it is easy to see.

I don't know enough about the new Mission Space pavilion to know if it will rival it.

rac

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom