Epcot - Sounds Like Summer - 2007

fillerup

Original Poster
I couldn't find that this had been posted here.

From Steve Soares WDW Entertainment website:

Kevin White (Garth Brooks) June 11-17
Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees) June 18-24
Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi) June 25-July 1
Charlene Bedassie (Aretha Franklin) July 2-8
Bjorn Again (ABBA) July 9-17
Hotel California (The Eagles) July 18-24
52nd Street (Billy Joel) July 25-29
Captain Fantastic (Elton John) July 30-August 5
Transit Authority (Chicago) August 6-12

Frank Stallone

I saw Bjorn Again last year, and they were by far the funniest act I've ever seen in my life. Turtle Talk, Off Kilter, the World Showcase Players, etc. have nothing on Bjorn Again. For they are the most amusing show in all of EPCOT.

Unfortunately, it wasn't intentional.

The highlight was definitely the keyboard player's blonde hair flowing constantly ,due to the cheap fan that was attached to his keyboard.

Figment82

For they are the most amusing show in all of EPCOT.

Did you happen to catch 52nd Street? The guy had a piano that was covered in mirrors, smoked, and had lights coming from it. I have never seen such a pimped out piano!

Although I must admit that Bjorn Again was pretty amusing as well! I liked Hotel California too. Stayin' Alive intrigues me... that could be a lot of fun :)

rdour@techminds

Added Value

Isn't it great, they don't need to even bother with this. They do, and add that little extra magic. Just like the processional, a unique opportunity. Anyone know if they even make any money off of park admission? With all of this extra entertainment, I really wonder if the money they make comes from other things.

Frank Stallone

Isn't it great, they don't need to even bother with this. They do, and add that little extra magic. Just like the processional, a unique opportunity. Anyone know if they even make any money off of park admission? With all of this extra entertainment, I really wonder if the money they make comes from other things.

I doubt it brings in a direct financial impact on the company. Essentially, regular guests probably don't consider the presence of these bands as being the deciding factor on which park to visit on a particular day.

However, for annual passholders, a concert series like this is a great moneymaker for the company. You may wonder why this would make the company money, considering the annual passholders already have paid for their ticket. However, if they decide to come into the park for the night to see one of these bands, chances are they are also going to purchase a snack or beverage, and possibly even go to one of the EPCOT restaurants.

So something that may cost the company money (bringing in a concert series) and may not appear to make the company any money, in turn does make a profit due to side sales of merchandise and food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom