epcot songs

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
vonpluto - Nice detail! Welcome to the boards. I bought that audio tape in 87... and then cut up the LP sleeve it came in for the pictures of EPCOT... doh!

bjunderwood - a misunderstanding. WDWResortTV.com is the website of Disney-Central, an Internet Chat Relay channel. The IRC is a bit like FTPs - you use a downloaded program on your computer to access remote file servers that have TONS of Disney audio and video... at the last count I think there was nearly 60 Gigabytes of files available. They had 99% of stuff I was after there. And its free.

WDWresortTV has a guide to tell you how to get started with IRC... its a bit tricky, but well worth it. Post here or PM me if you need anymore info.

barnum42

Originally posted by bjunderwood
i sent you a pm because i need some help.
I'm sure Marni will have been able to help you by now, but my advice to anyone wishing to avail themselves of the wonders on Disney-Central is to read the instructions they provide. Then read them a second time. Once you have done that read them a third time, at that point (at least for me) it all started to make sense.

There are some differences between the look of the proram when the instructions were written and how it looks now, but the basics are the same.

Stick with it, it's well worth the initial confusion.

bjunderwood

Original Poster
ok thanks. will do. it IS very confusing and apparently i messed up when i first installed it. BTW, do you think it is worth the $20 that they ask for?

kal1484

Originally posted by EpcotGrl
Hahahahaha! Me too me too! Got caught listening to the Illuminations music the other day and 'conducting', too... Ah, 34 days...:sohappy:

I do that too! But usually I don't get to watch them. :(

I conduct Wishes though!! I love the look on the little kid's face I got when I pointed, and there went the firework, he was amazed. :lol:

barnum42

Originally posted by bjunderwood
ok thanks. will do. it IS very confusing and apparently i messed up when i first installed it. BTW, do you think it is worth the $20 that they ask for?
There is a plug in called "Invision" that is well worth using. Makes the whole process a lot easier. It gives you an explorer type environment and allows you more than thirty seconds to read what it on screen before disconnecting you.

As for the $20 - you can keep using it without paying the $20, you will just get a little nag every time you start it up. If you wish to contriblute $20 to the programs author that is of course up to you.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Glad you got it working - just PM`d you! Its Monday afternoon, and being Easter got into family things.. or would have replied earlier. Keep at it!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Welcome to the boards gidrac!!

If I remember, there are lots of monorail speils (from modern, to old, to bloopers) on Disney Central IRC.

gidrac

Originally posted by marni1971
Welcome to the boards gidrac!!

If I remember, there are lots of monorail speils (from modern, to old, to bloopers) on Disney Central IRC.

Thanks for the welcome, marni1971. Would you or anyone know the exact URL to the irc guides on wdwresorttv.com. The direct links seem to be broken.

Thanks.

barnum42

Canada on another disc

Well, I'm back home from an Easter Weekend of over eating at my folks (good training for two weeks over eating at Disney in eleven days :sohappy: )

Any hue - dug out my Disney CD with "Oh Canada" on and it is not the 1991 one.

It's called "The Music of Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Epcot Centre". (Yes, I know there is a mistake in the title, but that is what it's called). It is dated MCMLXXXVIII (1988) is on the "Disneyland Records and Tapes" label, ref no. CD-007.

TiggerBW

Originally posted by gidrac
Thanks for the welcome, marni1971. Would you or anyone know the exact URL to the irc guides on wdwresorttv.com. The direct links seem to be broken.

Thanks.

Check out my signature........it may help you get into Disney Central. It is a great place to download, but also a great place to play Disney Trivia! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
gidrac - that looks like a new site by Disney-Central. The guides and how to`s still work here:

http://www.wdwresorttv.com/ (same spelling, but with www)

barnum - 11 days? You make me jelous!! Bring me back an RCIDFD t shirt!!

Interesting about your CD - I wonder if there are different park albums released the same year...

Mine was bought at WDW in 1993. Its called `The Official Album of Disneyland and Walt Disney World`by Walt Disney Records, copyright 1991 Buena Vista Pictures Distribution. The only ref # apart from the barcode is only on the disc itself (60820-2)

barnum42

barnum - 11 days? You make me jelous!! Bring me back an RCIDFD t shirt!!
I'm pulling a blank on RCIDFD :veryconfu

I don't make a habit of going twice in a year, but I found a deal on www.teletext.com - flight and two weeks hotel in Kissimme for £350. As my annual pass is still good I don't have to pay to get into the parks. :sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry - Reedy Creek Improvement District Fire Department (WDW Fire Brigade). They are selling nice T shirts at the fire stations at WDW to help raise funds and I asked them about airmail, but they never got back to me.

stitch131313

Originally posted by Cosmo
i've been pretty lucky using winmx and just searching for things like "epcot" or "wdw". if you know specific names (tomorrow's child, universe of energy, etc) you can get lucky. just keep trying, they're out there.

I've used winmx too and have had alot of luck.

barnum42

Sorry - Reedy Creek Improvement District Fire Department (WDW Fire Brigade). They are selling nice T shirts at the fire stations at WDW to help raise funds and I asked them about airmail, but they never got back to me.
I was thinking about that, but there was a recent post where somone tried to pick one up at the station, however they were out of stock and said that the best way was to order online.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Catch 22 then for us huh? Maybe you could get lucky, or surely they will have had a new delivery by now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom