Epcot - Robot mowing the lawn

Fade_to_Blah

Original Poster
Does anyone remember this? Do they even still do it?

I really remember when I was younger at some point (probably late 80's or early 90's) that they used to have a roomba looking thing that would mow the grass in some spots. Most likely it was outside Innoventions. I dont recall seeing it at all in recent times.

Today its not impressive but I was impressed with it when i was younger, probably because I had grand thoughts of it becoming a way for me to get out of mowing the grass at home.

Anyone remember or did my child imagination dream this up?

vintageepcot

Does anyone remember this? Do they even still do it?

I really remember when I was younger at some point (probably late 80's or early 90's) that they used to have a roomba looking thing that would mow the grass in some spots. Most likely it was outside Innoventions. I dont recall seeing it at all in recent times.

Today its not impressive but I was impressed with it when i was younger, probably because I had grand thoughts of it becoming a way for me to get out of mowing the grass at home.

Anyone remember or did my child imagination dream this up?

No they used to have them. They had them in that little patch of grass behind spaceship earth. But you never know they could be there still its not like grass has to be cut everyday.

rsoxguy

No they used to have them. They had them in that little patch of grass behind spaceship earth. But you never know they could be there still its not like grass has to be cut everyday.

I remember them being in that same location. Mid to late 1990's if memory serves me right.

rsoxguy

Yup, I remember them, too! IIRC, they had little solar panels on their backs for power. Wish I could find a picture.

I found this through Google! I don't think that the guy in the forefront is an animatronic.

robomowers.jpg

Shere_Khan

I read in "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" to look for this in the hilly area just beyond the rose garden between the Imagination pavillion and Refreshment Port. At least I am assuming this is what she referring to. A solar powered lawn mower. I was planning on looking for it during our trip in two weeks, although the book says mostly in the summer months.
The book was published in 2009 so I am hoping the author saw these recently.

EPCOT Explorer

I read in "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" to look for this in the hilly area just beyond the rose garden between the Imagination pavillion and Refreshment Port. At least I am assuming this is what she referring to. A solar powered lawn mower. I was planning on looking for it during our trip in two weeks, although the book says mostly in the summer months.

That's a good sign....I'm gonna have to do some asking and researching!:D

EPCOTPluto

I have never seen, heard or remember this!:eek::lol:

Pretty cool, though...It must be a nice little detail. Hope to see it!

Of course it's the least visited place in FW. Otherwise, there would be more interest in this. :p

Sounds like I have another route to go to Canada next time! :D

TheDisneyMagic

Tehe, that is really coincidental I was only thinking about these earlier in the robot thread. I must have pictures of these somewhere as I saw them many times. Pretty much anywhere in Future World where there was grass (except near the water edges). Something from the Epcot days which back then would have been incredibly expensive and futuristic and now can be cheaply purchased.

vintageepcot

I hate when epcot does away with the little things like that. Just little things like that are what make a majority of the exitement for me when I go to epcot. I am still thanking god that they didnt get rid of the fountain shows during that big refurbishment.

TheDisneyMagic

I hate when epcot does away with the little things like that. Just little things like that are what make a majority of the exitement for me when I go to epcot. I am still thanking god that they didnt get rid of the fountain shows during that big refurbishment.

They are common ground now though, you can get these for quite a cheap price at a gadget store or the internet.

What they need next is one that runs purely on water, or something completely futuristic that we can't all just go out and buy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom