Epcot Ride Order?

jwbeck3

I tried searching, but could not find much information. I can only spend one day at Epcot in my upcoming trip in January, so I need to know what order to do FW in to maximize my time? I will be there at rope drop. I was thinking either FP Soarin and go ride Test Track or the other way around to start. Let me know what you think!

wolf359

If you want to see Soarin', get a Fast Pass first thing. Everything else will fall into place and usually with minimal to moderate waits. But Soarin' always has the longest wait times, and is easy to miss completely without proper planning.

Since you're going in January I'd expect the crowds to be fairly light (unless you're going around MLK weekend) so most everything in EPCOT should be easy to fit in on a single day, but I'd still recommend a FP for Soarin' being top priority.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

majorrfb

FP for Soarin

If you want to see Soarin', get a Fast Pass first thing. Everything else will fall into place and usually with minimal to moderate waits. But Soarin' always has the longest wait times, and is easy to miss completely without proper planning.

Since you're going in January I'd expect the crowds to be fairly light (unless you're going around MLK weekend) so most everything in EPCOT should be easy to fit in on a single day, but I'd still recommend a FP for Soarin' being top priority.

Have a great trip!

I couldn't agree more. FP Soarin and immediately go to Fast Track. If wait is long take the single rider line which is always shorter. My wife and I do this consistently. From there the park is easy. Enjoy!!:xmas::sohappy:

Upvote 0

brent2124

I wouldnt get a FP for MS until you have gotten one for all the other attractions you wish to see. It usually doesnt exceed a 30 minute wait even on a weekend. Have Fun!

Upvote 0
Epcot:

1. Send one of your people to grab a FP to Mission: SPACE.
2. Everyone else head towards Sorain' - extra person get there in time.
3. While in The Land do Living with the Land
4. Head over to the Seas with Nemo and friends
5. Do Talk with Crush if you have time
6. Its probably about time for Mission Space
7. Grab FP for Test Track first
8. Mission: Space
9. Universe of Energy
10. Lunch
11. Spaceship Earth
12. Test Track
13. Grand Fiesta
14. Maelstrom
15. Do shows until American Adventure show time.
16. Impression de France
17. Imagination w/ Figment
18. Honey I shrunk the Audience
19. Repeat what you want until IllumiNations.

Upvote 0
When you enter the park you should immediatly get a fastpass for Soarin'. After that everything should be ok. You also might want to grab a fastpass for either Test Track or Mission: Space. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Is it just you travelling or will others be with you?
If it is just you, utilize the single rider line for Test Track and you will rarely have a wait. It is also rare that you will have more than a 15/20 min. wait for Mission Space. It is January, so as you go to get your FP, check on wait time, you might get the FP then walk on to that as well. There will be no worry for access to SSE.

Upvote 0

GatorGambit

My usual Epcot routine:

1. Send someone to get FP at Soarin' when rope drops.
2. Test Track
3. Mission:Space
4. Soarin' (usually about 10:30am after this point)
5. Living with the Land (optional)
6. Journey into Imagination
7. The Seas
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Ellen's Energy Adventure
10. Walk to World Showcase, choose WS East counter service lunch
11. Lunch (we usually end up at Sommerfest)
12. Malestrom
13. Gran Fiesta Tour
14. World Showcase Money Spending Tour (Eat, Drink, Shop, Eat, Drink More)
14a. Throw in American Adventure / Impressions de France / Reflections of China / O, Canada
14b. Spend like an hour at Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan (not required, we always just end up doing that somehow)
15. Catch Off Kilter at Canada - it's really a must see show
16. ADR at a fine restaurant of your party's choosing
17. Catch anything you've missed. Innoventions, HISTA, more time at Rose & Crown, etc.
18. IllumniNations - unless you're us, because we think RoE is a poor excuse for IllumniNations past, so you repeat step 17 or go directly to...
19. Off to the hotel for a night cap!

One should mention that if you stay for IllumniNations, there's is simply nothing like a stroll around WS in the late hours of the night, after IllumiNations is over.

Upvote 0

fosse76

The three times I went last year, NOT ONCE did I have to wait more than ten minutes for Mission: Space. You will not need a FP for it. If you are going alone, don't worry about a FP for Test Track either, since it has a single-rider line (sometimes you'll see the pre-show, sometimes you won't...at least that was my experience with the single-rider line). You DEFINITELY will need a FP for Soarin'.

Upvote 0

CaptainAshley

I agree, FP Soarin', and then go across to the other side where TT and MS are. By the time you get those two must-sees done, it'll be time for Soarin. I'm not sure if this only applies to me, but I have a hard time not immediately boarding Spaceship Earth (for old time's sake i always think it "needs" to be the first ride, lol), so my warning: don't get caught up in any feelings of "here i am in EPCOT I must ride the one remaining classic here first!" Remember your priorities lol!

Upvote 0

mousespouse

At rope drop walk with the crowd straight to Soarin'. Get in line (10-15 minutes) and RIDE Soarin'. THEN grab a fastpass for later! You will probably be able to get your next fastpass within an hour. You can chose another area like Livin' with the Land or Livin' with the Sea and spend time in one/both of those areas until it is time to grab the next fast pass. OR go from Soarin' to Test Track, get in line (only if less than 20 minutes - don't forget to check the board for wait times), ride, and then grab your next fast passes (for Test Track) so you can ride it a second time later in the day.

Watch Mission Space. Most days it doesn't go above a 20 minute wait time.

My family rode Soarin' and rode Test Track AND had fast passes for BOTH of those rides all by 10:45 AM one Saturday!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom