EPCOT Randomness! (A November 7 Update)

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Hello & welcome to my (possibly) last WDW update. Yes, there will be loads of randomness in this update, so hang on your personal belongings, people! I will try to make this one update pretty entertaining.

~*~*~*~

Quick note of something. Parking CMs were directing the early birds to the Wonders parking lot, usually where they store the LoW gates. First time we were ever sent that way. Guess the holidays are finally here. :lookaroun

The glorious geosphere! :sohappy:

picture.php

The CMN Classic had a perk for its honorees:

picture.php

More to come....

EDIT: Oh, and if you're logged in & can't see the pics, do tell me. I can repost them. :wave:

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Continued...

Oh, how I love to see this when entering Innoventions Plaza!

What? I happen to like it, anti-EPCOT-tarp fans!

picture.php

Seriously the best time to order in the Electric Umbrella. No lines, many tables available... and it isn't open yet. (sigh)

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Decided to take a spin on Sum of All Thrills. Overall, I happened to really love this new addition to Inno West.

The Entrance. Do excuse the pseudo Garbageman topiary.

picture.php

Example of coaster design. Note the space between each inversion/loop.

picture.php

Hey, I am up here! And what a view!

picture.php

My only gripe that day: One of the 4 Kuka arms was down, and it wasn't until some time later that they finally decided to move those in that one side to the other.

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Other Innoventions news:

The House of Innoventions has their main sign removed, the entrance lights off, the windows blocked with mirrors & is now not present on current Inno maps. When I asked a CM, I was told that it was now seasonal & was not sure when it will reopen again. Why does that sound so familiar? Certainly is something to "Wonder" about. :lookaroun

picture.php

OOOooohh, spooky!

picture.php

That bubble-shaped room near Test the Limits had a new sign with an inkling of what it is about. While not open yet, the clue of Timon & Pumbaa reminds me of the Wild About Safety program...

picture.php

HMF

The House of Innoventions has their main sign removed, the entrance lights off, the windows blocked with mirrors & is now not present on current Inno maps. When I asked a CM, I was told that it was now seasonal & was not sure when it will reopen again. Why does that sound so familiar? Certainly is something to "Wonder" about. :lookaroun

picture.php

OOOooohh, spooky!

picture.php
Around the time Sum of All Thrills debuted all information on the House of Innoventions was removed from the Innoventions web site.
http://innoventions.disney.com/site/

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Off to Mission Space & off to a new frontier!

picture.php

In Pod 3 (More Intense) a new mini-line is found between Row 5 and 6. This, I later discover, is a place to 'opt out' if you can't ride Orange after all. Yet according to my mom who rode Green, there was none in their Pod. It would make sense that more would chicken out in Orange, but I know people can opt out in Green...

picture.php

Next stop is Wonders. But first a view of the massive bundle called (Universe of Energy). And yes, they cut down a shady tree behind the two benches.

picture.php

Quick Question: Is this a lighting pole from Horizons?

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
The Wonders of Why-A-Special-Events-Pavilion-And-Not-Focused-On-A-Healthy-And-Smart Life pavilion.

picture.php

(Really now, they need to put something else there. It doesn't deserve to be a Special Events pavilion.) :fork:

Allrighty then! Now that's off my chest, back to the Update!

Food & Wine logo merch is now 50% off. The Mary Blair design has proven to be more popular than the biking chef.

picture.php

Another year, another excuse to reuse once entertaining attractions. But I have to credit them for bringing in the delightful "Seasons of the Vine" film in, not to mention a return of Jeremy Irons to EPCOT. :lookaroun

picture.php

This is one chapter that needs skipping for this Future World pavilion.

picture.php

Final look...

picture.php

picture.php

Au revoir for another year, WoL.

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
MouseGear findings...

Over at MouseGear, new WDW merch has been released, among the holiday offerings.

Plush Vinylmation Mickeys:

picture.php

A nice selection of Mickey shirts based off the vintage cartoon shorts. Looks like Plane Crazy (top left), The Polo Match (top right), Steamboat Willie (bottom left) and The Gallopin' Gaucho (bottom right):

picture.php

A themed tag description of the Steamboat Willie shirt:

picture.php

And a hat embroidery at a quiet corner of MouseGear for the holidays:

picture.php

raven

The House of Innoventions has their main sign removed, the entrance lights off, the windows blocked with mirrors & is now not present on current Inno maps. When I asked a CM, I was told that it was now seasonal & was not sure when it will reopen again.

That bubble-shaped room near Test the Limits had a new sign with an inkling of what it is about. While not open yet, the clue of Timon & Pumbaa reminds me of the Wild About Safety program...

picture.php

The exit to the area has been sealed off for a few weeks now. As for the bubble, I was in there on Thursday night and it's ready but I think they are waiting to coincide it with the video release of the same topic.

EPCOT Explorer

Enjoy them while you still can.
:D:sohappy:
Off to Mission Space & off to a new frontier!

picture.php

In Pod 3 (More Intense) a new mini-line is found between Row 5 and 6. This, I later discover, is a place to 'opt out' if you can't ride Orange after all. Yet according to my mom who rode Green, there was none in their Pod. It would make sense that more would chicken out in Orange, but I know people can opt out in Green...

picture.php

Next stop is Wonders. But first a view of the massive bundle called (Universe of Energy). And yes, they cut down a shady tree behind the two benches.

picture.php

Quick Question: Is this a lighting pole from Horizons?

picture.php

Awww....Yep. :( Hard to beleive they are still around.

Yes. There is another one near TT to match. Saw it last month myself for the first time since `93.
Are they turned on at night? Didn't Horizons have yellow and purple banks for it, too?

Great update, EPCOTPluto! I'll miss them.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom