Epcot Pyro Test?

TarzanRocked99-

Original Poster
Does anybody know what Epcot was testing last night between 11:00pm and Midnight? I heard the booms from my house, and then when I got to work this morning there was a general voicemail left on all the hotels phones warning of an Epcot R&D Pyro test taking place between the hours of 11:00 and 12:00.

Any idea if this was for SkyDance or just a Holiday overlay or something like that?

CrashNet

This is what is was for. They were testing a possible show to supplement the earth barge while it is out for refurbishment. You guys miss nothing. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There was also a small test at 8:30pm before RoE, seemed to be mainly red, white and blue. Is anything planned for Labor Day?

CrashNet

There was testing a couple months ago as well. I wonder far we are from SkyDance?
The contract for RoE was 10 years, so 2009 is the anticipated year for something new.

Steve, as far as I know there were not any other additional barges on the water last night...typically they have larger shows for holidays. I believe the test at 8:30 was actually an accident...a misfire if you will.

CaptainMichael

1) There was a wedding reception at Epcot last night...maybe you can pay for extra fireworks.

2) I heard that someone bought out the Disney Studios last night...maybe that was it.

ears2you

The contract for RoE was 10 years, so 2009 is the anticipated year for something new.

Steve, as far as I know there were not any other additional barges on the water last night...typically they have larger shows for holidays. I believe the test at 8:30 was actually an accident...a misfire if you will.

awwwwwwww
i like ROE

ToTBellHop

1) There was a wedding reception at Epcot last night...maybe you can pay for extra fireworks.

2) I heard that someone bought out the Disney Studios last night...maybe that was it.
$3000 gets you private fireworks for your Disney wedding.

My girl and I are planning our Disney Wedding............teehee

Figment82

There were definitely fireworks coming from MGM around 10pm last night.

I didn't get to Epcot until 8:30 last night, so I didn't get to see the early show, but there was a reception taking place on the Italy island. But I got to watch Wishes and IllumiNations at the same time last night - it was a great sight!

TomorrowlandTyler

Yea, about how it closed at 6pm last night and how there was no Fantasmic...It was really nice how all the Friendship boat captains were telling everyone yesterday that the park was open till 8pm and fantasmic would be at 8:30...I sure there were a lot of happy guests last night.:lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Yea, about how it closed at 6pm last night and how there was no Fantasmic...It was really nice how all the Friendship boat captains were telling everyone yesterday that the park was open till 8pm and fantasmic would be at 8:30...I sure there were a lot of happy guests last night.:lookaroun
well the year of a million dreams cannot meet its daily quota unless guests are forced to be in bed by 6:30 pm.

WDW Monorail

So, is tyhere a date change yet?..

It was scheduled to go down at least 4 times this past year. Is this the final date?
:)

To answer your question Martin, I was thinking the same thing last night. I thought that the globe should have been completed by now but it hasn't. There were two options left, wither not do the refurb at all or wait until the beginning of September and debut the newly refurbished globe on October 1st.
That's my take on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom