Epcot Power Outage 12/3?

CatLady

Original Poster
What happened at Epcot today? I was there at about 1pm and nearly everything in Future World was closed. The poor CM at the tip board was inundated with people asking why the times listed on the tip board had nothing to do with reality. At that point, all she could say was "Well, Seas with Nemo and Friends, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and Living with the Land are open. And Test Track should be open soon." Another CM stepped in and pointed out that all of World Showcase "except America" was functioning, too.

From what I gathered from other CMs at other attractions, there had been a power outage. Why does it seem that Epcot more prone to power problems than the other parks?

darthjohnny

Wow, if this was a new power outage, it is the second in 2 weeks! I remember there was a huge blackout that took out Magic Kingdom and parts of Epcot last year on Christmas Day.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Does anyone remember any patterns to power outages in the past? Like certain numbers of outages while they were building parks? Could they be trying to tie in power to the fabled Fith Gate?

Sorry, I couldnt help myself. :lookaroun :p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ perhaps it was a brown out caused by the Worlds Reactor switching off? You know, what they have to do when they test the silo missiles...?

Seriously, any ideas what happened? Either these incidents are becomming better reported, or they are happening more often.

I suspect the former.

Chape19714

I was at Mousegear around 11 and the lights flashed quickly, but came right back on. I don't know what happened, I was at Animal Kingdom by 1.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
The power glitch occurred around 11:45 and took down pretty much everything. I was Body Wars tower at the time, and I thought it was just us at first. Then the radio activity started picking up... Fun!

Tim G

Again it was the mrs. her fault using that darn old vacuum cleaner... :eek:

Again I told her what would happen and that she would shut down the whole grid... :lookaroun

Again she wouldn't listen... *sigh*

:rolleyes: Women... :rolleyes:

Swamp Fox

Maybe it was the father in the Carousel of Progress showing off all his new fangled gadgets using "snap on" eletric power, but instead of taking out his house and the neighborhood he took out EPCOT as well :lookaroun :hammer:

Swamp Fox

figmentmom

Hee hee, Universal strikes again. 'Course it took one heck of a mighty long extension cord, but they successfully ran their parks for a couple more hours on Disney's dime. Whatta company! :drevil:

Frosty689

Well, I'm going to try to use logic here, and be serious lol.. Well i think it probably has to do with the amount of lights that are now being strung in MGM, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. Maybe? I'm not a very good electrician and i dont know where Disney world gets there power, but i bet that has soemthing to do with it.

Tim G

Well, I'm going to try to use logic here, and be serious lol.. Well i think it probably has to do with the amount of lights that are now being strung in MGM, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. Maybe? I'm not a very good electrician and i dont know where Disney world gets there power, but i bet that has soemthing to do with it.
We changed history today...

From today we all say, it all started... by a vacuumcleaner... :D

Chape19714

Even with that sheer volume, Lighs don't pull an overly large amount of power. Not as much as you would think anyhow. Stage lights do pull some power, but not enough to bring down the resort.

jrobb

The power glitch occurred around 11:45 and took down pretty much everything. I was Body Wars tower at the time, and I thought it was just us at first. Then the radio activity started picking up... Fun!

Radioactivity started picking up??? Oh no! The fallout must have been horrendous

mkepcotmgmak

i just watched "SUPERMAN RETURNS" for the first time last night... WHICH ONE OF YOU IS MAKING A KRYPTONITE LAND MASS NEAR EPCOT??? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW? :hammer:

Frosty689

i just watched "SUPERMAN RETURNS" for the first time last night... WHICH ONE OF YOU IS MAKING A KRYPTONITE LAND MASS NEAR EPCOT??? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW? :hammer:

haha i love all of the members here.. your all so funny :p .. u guys like to have a good time.. true disneyites!

Pluto_is_my_fav

There were also some problems at AK today. Expedition Everest was down for about 2 hours (right when we were getting in the cars) :( We got back on just before the park closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom