News EPCOT Parking Plaza refurbishment?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I was distressed to Discover this change.
I am Amazed they thought this was a good idea.
I cannot Imagine that this was thought to reflect the themes of Epcot.
They could have Explored ways to incorporate characters to support the existing parking lot names.
The lack of Creativity is appalling.
This just continues the Journey toward homogenizing all the parks.
I Wonder what's next.

Last edited:

NotCalledBob

So when there was excitement that Iger and D'Amaro spent time at Imagination, and maybe, perhaps, maybe they were considering a renovation..

What they were actually doing was measuring up for the WALL-E retheme.

JohnD

New parking lot names, signage, and auto plaza marquee coming to EPCOT​

I know where this discussion is going and don't disagree, so I'll ask a different question: does that mean Wall-E will be featured somewhere in Epcot? I'm assuming both Moana and HeiHei will be featured in Journey of Water. All other characters are already represented.

JohnD

I am Amazed they though this was a good idea.
They could have Explored ways to incorporate characters to support the existing parking lot names.
I Wonder what's next.
I see what you did there.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I know where this discussion is going and don't disagree, so I'll ask a different question: does that mean Wall-E will be featured somewhere in Epcot? I'm assuming both Moana and HeiHei will be featured in Journey of Water. All other characters are already represented.
No. They seem to just do random things anymore. By Wall-E having a sign means absolutely nothing.

JohnD

No. They seem to just do random things anymore. By Wall-E having a sign means absolutely nothing.
You may be right. But it was an honest question. By having Journey of Water opening at some point, we know that Moana is featured. Maybe HeiHei also? That leaves Wall-E. I realize this a complete 180 from the original vision.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
They've done two characters per attraction, using attractions close (ish) to the parking lots. That would suggest Wall E and Eve coming to the Play Pavilion (or whatever is going there instead)? Maybe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can reveal the new plaza look:

IPCOT plaza.jpg

(With inspiration from DG)

Cmdr_Crimson

I am Amazed they though this was a good idea.
I Wonder what's next.
HEI HEI!! I just Saw MOANA CRUSH DORY... It was a sad sight to see... 🤣
Pic from blogmickey
new-epcot-parking-lot-names-characters-tram-signs-30-1536x1024.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What I find most odd is how Disney keeps trying to appeal to retro and nostalgia, particularly at Epcot. They know how people eat that up, and when something like naming parking lots comes up, this is the best they can do. There is so much Epcot history that could have been used for inspiration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom