Epcot parking chaos

Disney Dawg88

I would highly recommend spending NYE at Epcot. SO MUCH FUN!!! The only things I didn't care for were 1) the crowds were crazy but a lot of people were downright RUDE! 2) Those damn noise makers. Grown people were having way too much fun with those, and it was especially disruptive during the NYE segment of Illuminations. 3) The bathroom situation was out of control! We spent most of the night in the US/Italy, and the US bathroom was crazy long. I waited longer to use the bathroom than I did to ride Little Mermaid the night before! And it got so bad women started to use the men's bathroom. CM's finally got the hint and opened up some other bathrooms for us to use.)

Call me crazy but I know for a fact that I:

1. Don't like really large crowds
2. Don't like rude people
3. Don't like drunk annoying people with noise makers
4. Like to be able to use the restroom in a somewhat timely matter and/or when needed

I will never go to Epcot for NYE, nor will I ever go during a main holiday weekend when the parks are jammed full.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
The bathroom situation was out of control

There are a few restrooms that don't have any lines at all, especially the ones at World Showplace. We would walk by a HUGE line of women at the UK restrooms, and right next door you can walk right into the restrooms at World Showplace with no waiting at all. They need Cast Members directing people to other restrooms.

DDuckFan130

Call me crazy but I know for a fact that I:

1. Don't like really large crowds
2. Don't like rude people
3. Don't like drunk annoying people with noise makers
4. Like to be able to use the restroom in a somewhat timely matter and/or when needed

I will never go to Epcot for NYE, nor will I ever go during a main holiday weekend when the parks are jammed full.

Uh, ok lol

I know for a fact that despite all that stuff that neither of us like very much, I still had a blast. If I let that stuff get to me, then I wouldn't have enjoyed it. But once the party started, the trip was worth it. It is what you make of it because I don't like any of those things you mention at a ballgame or other settings. But I go anyway.

I'm fortunate that I can go several times in one year, usually during long weekends and holidays. To me, it's not a big deal. *shrug*

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There are a few restrooms that don't have any lines at all, especially the ones at World Showplace. We would walk by a HUGE line of women at the UK restrooms, and right next door you can walk right into the restrooms at World Showplace with no waiting at all. They need Cast Members directing people to other restrooms.

All women must pee in the UK...it's a known fact.

Goofyernmost

Anyone else sitting in epcot's nye chaotic parking lot? What is going on?? We have been stopped here for an hour!
Reason #1,074 not to go to WDW during Christmas/New Year's week
I'd like to know the other 1,073 other reasons.....
Crowds x 1,073.
Yup! That's what I was going to say...all 1074 are the same reason. It's important to exaggerate my annoyances to make sure my point gets across. :p

Alektronic

The actual delay was for safety. A bunch of International CM's were on a rooftop and they were told to get down because no one is allowed on the rooftops during ROE and especially NYE. then a bunch of them snuck back up there and they had to delay the show until they down again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The actual delay was for safety. A bunch of International CM's were on a rooftop and they were told to get down because no one is allowed on the rooftops during ROE and especially NYE. then a bunch of them snuck back up there and they had to delay the show until they down again.
Ugh not good. It is about the only day of the year where an on-time start is critical, and those IPs go and do that. Talk about inconsiderate .

Timekeeper

Ugh not good. It is about the only day of the year where an on-time start is critical, and those IPs go and do that. Talk about inconsiderate .

Haha, exactly! As I posted in the other thread dedicated to this inquiry, I can't think of any other show for which timing is as critical as a countdown to midnight on NYE. :eek:

We parked at the Swan/Dolphin for pre-party and post party with friends who stayed there (We were prepared to pay the 15 bucks but the gates were up so we didn't pay anything! BOOM) , took the back way by animal kingdom home and were in bed by 2am with no traffic! Love THAT! We saw the traffic.... it was NOT Cute looking at all!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom