Epcot parking chaos

Britt

The only thing I could find is that if MKs parking lot fills up, they send them to Epcots parking lot. Maybe that's what the stop up is? Traffic?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
It took us about 30 minutes to get off the Epcot parking lot, but we were parking in Wonder 94, so very close to exit. We found it much more crowded tonight than last year's NYE. It's 2:38am now and we're still in traffic jam on Epcot Center Drive.

What did you think of Illuminations starting 8 minutes late, resulting in a countdown to 2013 at 12:08am? Wasn't that weird? I wonder what caused the delay.

mousehockey37

The only thing I could find is that if MKs parking lot fills up, they send them to Epcots parking lot. Maybe that's what the stop up is? Traffic?

OP was trying to figure out what was going on that she couldn't get OUT of the lot. It was very much common knowledge earlier today that traffic was being deflected from MK.

CaptainShortty

It took us about 30 minutes to get off the Epcot parking lot, but we were parking in Wonder 94, so very close to exit. We found it much more crowded tonight than last year's NYE. It's 2:38am now and we're still in traffic jam on Epcot Center Drive.

What did you think of Illuminations starting 8 minutes late, resulting in a countdown to 2013 at 12:08am? Wasn't that weird? I wonder what caused the delay.

I was there. Thought it was pretty funny. My sister called me at midnight to wish me Happy New Year and my direct response to her was, "I'm still celebrating NYE in Italy. Call you in a few minutes!" and I hung up the phone. Oh well...won't bother me. I'll pretend that time stood still for a little while. If I hadn't had any electronic devices with me I would never have known anyway.

erins3204

Original Poster

Interestingly enough they were late to ring in the new year last year too. Not this late though! They were way too far behind. How does that happen?!

Figment82

We bolted out of the park immediately after the show ended, and were back in our room at Saratoga at 12:30. I think the trick to avoiding traffic snarls is to either leave immediately or stay until the bitter end when you're one of the last cars in the lot.

I saw a lot of people leaving after RoE, thinking that since it was already midnight, that was the end of the show. It was hilarious to hear people erupt in cheers when the "real" midnight hit. Still an amazing show, no matter how late it may be.

DDuckFan130

Was there last night too and thought it was funny that NYE happened later. I just kept saying "We're on Disney time right now who cares?!"

We were at Pop Century so we had to wait a while for a bus, and I was lucky enough to sit so I knocked out on the way back. But that traffic was insane and it took us a long time to get back!

I would highly recommend spending NYE at Epcot. SO MUCH FUN!!! The only things I didn't care for were 1) the crowds were crazy but a lot of people were downright RUDE! 2) Those damn noise makers. Grown people were having way too much fun with those, and it was especially disruptive during the NYE segment of Illuminations. 3) The bathroom situation was out of control! We spent most of the night in the US/Italy, and the US bathroom was crazy long. I waited longer to use the bathroom than I did to ride Little Mermaid the night before! And it got so bad women started to use the men's bathroom. CM's finally got the hint and opened up some other bathrooms for us to use.

Overall had lots of fun though. Gotta love Latin music and great music being played at the American Gardens Theater. For people not into that they had real club/rave music in other countries...didn't care for that myself lol. We did see Fantasy in the Sky at MK the night before, but I'm glad we spent NYE at Epcot :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom