EPCOT or Hollywood Studios?

Book Belle

Original Poster
This summer my family will be in Orlando for a volleyball tournament my sister is in. They are going early to spend 2 days at WDW. They can only visit 2 parks, have decided to go to MK one day, but can't decide between EPCOT and HS for the 2nd day. Which would you choose and why?

Ziffell

This summer my family will be in Orlando for a volleyball tournament my sister is in. They are going early to spend 2 days at WDW. They can only visit 2 parks, have decided to go to MK one day, but can't decide between EPCOT and HS for the 2nd day. Which would you choose and why?

The park that I would personally choose between those two choices would be Epcot. DHS is really a sad park in my opinion. In fact if it weren't for ToT, I would never personally bother with it. That's not to imply that I only ride ToT whenever I've gone there. But if that attraction didn't exist, I would probably never go to DHS. Epcot, on the other hand, is a beautiful park with much more variety and more unique attractions than the other Disney parks.

Why aren't they considering DAK? That's the most beautiful theme park anywhere, in my opinion and it has some great attractions.

Walt Disney1955

Depending on the age of the people going. If they are kids take them to Hollywood. If they are adults take them to Epcot.

Epcot is amazing IMO and it is one of those parks you truly have to appreciate. Magic Kindgom will spoonfeed you the entertainment which I love, but with Epcot you kind of have to look for it more and then learn to appreciate it if that makes any sense.

DHS is the park that could benefit from some work and renovations. A dark ride would be nice to add and maybe beingable to utilize space better would help. Either way I tend to defend DHS around here. ToT is an attraction that is arguably the best at all the parks. Worth the price of admission alone.

ABigBrassBand

Depending on the age of the people going. If they are kids take them to Hollywood. If they are adults take them to Epcot.

Epcot is amazing IMO and it is one of those parks you truly have to appreciate. Magic Kindgom will spoonfeed you the entertainment which I love, but with Epcot you kind of have to look for it more and then learn to appreciate it if that makes any sense.

DHS is the park that could benefit from some work and renovations. A dark ride would be nice to add and maybe beingable to utilize space better would help. Either way I tend to defend DHS around here. ToT is an attraction that is arguably the best at all the parks. Worth the price of admission alone.

Exactly this, well said.

sorcerergoofy

If it's a younger crowd for sure go to DHS. I am a teen, so I can speak on our behalf :D. While I do love Epcot, I would prefer DHS any day!

Jeff456

I guess it depends on whether or not they have visited the parks before, EPCOT really needs two days I feel to do it justice, whereas DHS you should be able to pretty much cover in just one. Personally I would choose EPCOT but that's because its my favourite park!

NewfieFan

While you make some good points... I think it would depend on the ages of the kids and the kids themselves!

My kids (ages 6 and 4) would prefer Epcot anyday over DHS. While there's things they enjoy and love about DHS (mainly TSMM), they enjoy a lot more at Epcot. We only just discovered Innoventions and we love it. SSE is a classic! Nemo and the Mexican boat ride (Gran Fiesta Tour) are some of my kids favorite rides. We never get bored of Soarin' and TT (we rode it 5 times on our last time). And we could spend a full day just in WS (my kids love the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure)!

So, I guess it would depend on the family and what they enjoy...

grumpy 07

Epcot is the way to go. More rides, attractions and food choices. And, as far as i am concerned, the best nighttime show on property, illuminations. Fantasmic is good, but i love illuminations.

Studios Fan

It depends on the ages going and their personal tastes. You can't go wrong with either park. Epcot has more to do but tends to skew a little older than DHS.

olmec26

I'd do Epcot. It's got way more to offer people as far as numbers of attractions go, plus it's more spacious so it won't feel as crowded. DHS is small, cramped, difficult to navigate for a novice (and thus harder to keep a group together), and doesn't have that many attractions to spread the crowd out.

Not that Studios isn't a great park, mind you. I love going there. But in a choice between Epcot and DHS, I'd take Epcot.

Ziffell

A lot of people are responding with "it depends on...", etc., but I don't think the OP was necessarily asking which park THEY SHOULD choose. He/she was simply asking "Which would YOU choose and WHY?" Hence, why I responded the way I did. :wave:

sorcerergoofy

:p As a teenager with much better opinions, I insist you choose Epcot because it's balls-to-the-wall awesome.

Haha! :lol: I love Epcot too, but I think your "average", "non-disney-obssesed-teen" would prefer DHS>

Epcot is the way to go. More rides, attractions and food choices. And, as far as i am concerned, the best nighttime show on property, illuminations. Fantasmic is good, but i love illuminations.

Epcot is awesome, but I don't think that a group of younger people would really care about the food choices, and judging by my profile pic and sig, you should be able to tell that I obviously disagree with you on your last point! :lol:

Duke&Tree

Epcot!

For our family it would definitely be EPCOT!

EPCOT just has more flavor and variety. Grey Goose slushies, Off Kilter, Test Track, Soarin', the list goes on and on. Grab a Kimmunicator and go to town!

Batphobic

I'll refrain from the "depends on..." and reply with what I would do. I have little kids, and we really love DHS. Yes, EPCOT is huge, so the potential to fill a day (or more) is greater there. But DHS just has some can't miss attractions - Toy Story Mania, Lights Motors Action, the Jedi training, Star Tours (if not being refurbed when you go) Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, just to name a few. I agree with the person who characterized the difference being one will "spoonfeed" you entertainment, the other you have to look for it. We like being spoonfed :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom