News EPCOT opening moves to 8:30am from today

aladdin2007

does this include world showcase? keeping the majority of it locked up till 11am has been ridiculous with the amount of people in the park.

mightynine

I'll be at WDW next week and I'm shocked at how high the crowd calendar has shot up. We picked it back in December due to the passholder hotel deal, start of Flower/Garden, and 'cause we thought it would be quiet - after Mardi Gras, before the spring breakers. Now with the expected crowd levels plus rising temperatures forecast (low 90s?!!??), I'm hoping it won't be too miserable.

Last edited:

dreday3

Geez.

We booked starting the week after Easter week for 2023. I was thinking it would be "less" crowded than Spring Break weeks...I'll have to keep an eye on this year. I think the equivalent week this year would be 4/26-5/5.

Clamman73

Remy at 8am and the Patisserie at 830am. 😘
67847D33-B3A5-46CC-A957-564EEC9F429E.jpeg

Diamond Dot

They have also extended the evening hours at MK from 8pm closing to 11pm closing on most nights, just in time for my trip too! Does that also mean World Showcase is open at 8:30 am too? Looking at park hours it just says EPCOT, so fingers crossed.

Diamond Dot

I'll be at WDW next week and I'm shocked at how high the crowd calendar has shot up. We picked it back in December due to the passholder hotel deal, start of Flower/Garden, and 'cause we thought it would be quiet - after Mardi Gras, before the spring breakers. Now with the expected crowd levels plus rising temperatures forecast (low 90s?!!??), I'm hoping it won't be too miserable.
I'm there from next week too, but, if you go in without the usual high expectations and be prepared to be flexible and prepared for the chaos it might be helpful. I'm also preparing for some serious bad guest behaviour too.

tanc

Way better than in August 2020. Park did not open until 11, but at that time it was the latest open park.

Lirael

I checked the park availability for March yesterday... and from the 14th to the 17th it was already on orange alert. I think on the 13th the only park not yet full was Epcot, in fact.

Curious if there's a reason those days got full first, given they're Monday to Thursday

Last edited:

correcaminos

I checked the park availability for March yesterday... and from the 13th to the 17th it was already on orange alert. I think on the 13th the only park not yet full was Epcot, in fact.

Curious if there's a reason those days got full first, given they're Monday to Thursday
Thr 13th is DST and people don't want to plan to get up that day? Honestly we chose to come out the next day because of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom