Epcot Mickey

Oddysey

Fun tidbit. I took the Undiscovered Future World Tour in 2005 and 2008. Both tour guides indicated that Mickey wet himself during the shooting of the 1993 commercial.

Can't say I wouldn't do the same.

raven

Am I right the original scissor lift in 180top was beyond repair but was never removed?
True. This is the reason for the masking cloth at the top. The inside hatch is offset about 30' from the top as to not disturb the projection area. From there you crawl between the inner shell and putter shell to the top hatch.

barkerbird

I would pay to see Mickey climbing up there. Even if he wet himself, it was probably worth it. Classic commercial, and it never fails to surprise me when it shows him on top of it.

goofyyukyuk

The access hatch is actually used at least twice every year on night shift when they pressure wash the outside of the structure. It takes about a week to complete. This is also when people start to claim to see "scorch marks" on SSE but it's just the dirt that they are slowly washing away.
Ah, didn't think about that... that promo was the only publicized use of the hatch I could think of, but I guess Disney doesn't really publicize the maintenance of the parks lol

Beacon Joe

The bus drivers are the best source of information about the 5th gate. And it's always good to ask them for information about Room Zero.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom