Epcot-Is it worth going right now?

New2WDW

My family and I are going down this October and we were going to go to Epcot for the first time. My question is this: Is it worth going to Epcot right now with all the closures, rehabs, etc that I am hearing about?

Any thoughts are always appreciated!

DisneySam

I would go. I honestly thought Epcot would be a 1/2 day thing, but it has so much to see. Its worth it just to ride Soarin, my new favorite.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I say go to Epcot.

There is plenty to see and do even though certain attractions are having rehabs. World Showcase is always nice to walk around great places to shop and eat. I am going in Oct as well and this will be the first time I'll visit the Food & Wine Festival.

Also IllumiNations is a *must*!!

Upvote 0

EpcotGirl

yea well it is epcot and epcot is a place of the " future " the only ride that has not been changed is the o so classic yet the only ride without a too minute wait not even 2 seconds -El Rido De Tempo- River of time to a few

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

I was there yesterday and the walls didn't bother me at all. Living Seas is the only thing that's done right now, the rest of the walls were for F&W Festival.

Epcot is my favorite park, so I highly suggest you go!

Upvote 0

NIU EE

New2WDW said:
Have you graduated yet! Last time I spoke with you I think you mentioned you were almost done and on your way to EE stardom!

I have graduated, but I still need someone to hire me. Entry level jobs are tough to come by unfortunately.

Upvote 0

KumbaRider

There is never a bad time to visit Epcot. In your case, you'll be there just in time for the Food and Wine Festival, which will be great. The only closures are The Living Seas and Ice Station Cool.

Upvote 0

DragonJay

You said "little girls", right? Well, don't forget about the Princess character breakfast at the Norway pavillion. My friends just took their daughters and loved it. In that way, they get up close to the princesses, and are in prime location for many of the attractions.

I saw pictures of Jasmine...let's just say that Dad will enjoy it too...holy abs!

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
NIU EE said:
I have graduated, but I still need someone to hire me. Entry level jobs are tough to come by unfortunately.

Man, I thought I told you not to do any interviews with that hat! :lol:

Well Congratulations and Good Luck! It only took me 4 years before I got into my field! So go take about a 4 year vacation at WDW and then when you get back home you should have a job! (well it sounded like a good idea!)

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
WDW_Sam said:
Of course you should go - Its unnaceptable to NOT go! LOL :)

Sam

Well hello Sam, I guess you leave me no choice! We will be going!

Do they let you in early if you arrive before the standard opening? I'm am not talking about EMH just regular mornings.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
DragonJay said:
You said "little girls", right? Well, don't forget about the Princess character breakfast at the Norway pavillion. My friends just took their daughters and loved it. In that way, they get up close to the princesses, and are in prime location for many of the attractions.

I saw pictures of Jasmine...let's just say that Dad will enjoy it too...holy abs!

I will hab.... I mean have.... to check into that!

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

To a good place for your girls, the princess breakfast sounds good, and if you want to try Garden Grill inside the Land they have character dining for that. Farmer Mickey, Chip 'n' Dale, Pluto all pay a visit to your table, and they are great, my girlfriend and my parents went and we had a blast with the characters. They have changed the menu after the rehab though so if you do decide to check it out I would first look at the menu to see if there is something everyone will enjoy. :wave: Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
goofyfan13 said:
To a good place for your girls, the princess breakfast sounds good, and if you want to try Garden Grill inside the Land they have character dining for that. Farmer Mickey, Chip 'n' Dale, Pluto all pay a visit to your table, and they are great, my girlfriend and my parents went and we had a blast with the characters. They have changed the menu after the rehab though so if you do decide to check it out I would first look at the menu to see if there is something everyone will enjoy. :wave: Hope that helps.

Sounds Cool!
Honestly, we have seen Mickey, Goofy, Chip/Dale, etc so much at other character dinners I think we will try some different ones. It sounds like Epcot has a lot of different areas to explore! Thanks for the input! I will see if I can even get the Princess Breakfast this close to our trip!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Erika said:
I'd go. :)

I usually skip most of Future World anyway (sorry, Grizz). :eek:

To me, World Showcase is the most interesting part. I guess it depends on your family and what its interests are. To me it is all about the food :lol:

Hi Five Erika :sohappy:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

OK, I'm prejudiced here, since EPCOT is my favorite park anyway, but I think it's worth going to under ANY conditions. As has already been mentioned, October is the Food and Wine Festival - perfect timing for your trip! Soarin' is amazing - don't miss it - and there is so much to see and do that you won't miss the rehabs. Go, and enjoy! :wave:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes its excellent!

I wouldnt go to the evening EMH however as it is pointless as all your time will be spent in line with little to show for it.

have to say Soarin was quite exhilarating, even if you can see dangling feet on the lower rows

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom