EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2021

Touchdown

They aren’t calling this a “taste of” so they must think there is some hope of running the festival w/o restrictions at least in the latter months.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
They aren’t calling this a “taste of” so they must think there is some hope of running the festival w/o restrictions at least in the latter months.
They are calling it a "Taste of":
It may be chilly outside now, but a hint of spring is in the air as EPCOT prepares for the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival beginning March 3, 2021, at Walt Disney World Resort. With garden-fresh cuisines, creative gardens and unforgettable topiaries, this vibrant festival combines the freshest flowers and flavors from around the world.

jskdgdg01.jpg
jildfgdhdt02.jpg

Guests will be delighted to hear their favorite Character topiaries are coming back – from Mickey, Donald and friends, to Remy, Anna & Elsa, Lady & the Tramp, Figment and more. Our Disney Horticulture team is busy planting, pruning and planning now for the kaleidoscope of bright blooms and floating gardens scattered throughout EPCOT, with each one making a perfect backdrop for family photos.

With more than 20 delectable stops, World Showcase will play host to the festival’s Outdoor Kitchens and other food & beverage locations, offering a smorgasbord of flavors and beverages.

Gardeners of all ages will be invited to participate in Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration – a springtime scavenger hunt starring Spike, the buzzzz-iest honeybee at Walt Disney World. And, guests will “bee” on the lookout for festival-specific merchandise throughout the park.

Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival will run through July 5, and is available with valid admission and a park reservation for the same date. Remember to check for Disney Resort package and hotel offers for your travel dates!

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I actually saw it was a “Taste of” on their website. But I hope by the end there may be less restrictions.

JIMINYCR

Ohhhh so looking forward to our trip in May 2021 since the cancelled 2020 one was so disappointing to us. It feels like weve been Disneyless forever. Hopes are high, plans extended and money waiting to be dropped. Cant wait to see my first sight of a palm tree on my drive down. Love those Disney topiaries but ... When will we ever get a Jiminy Cricket one??? :)

ppete1975

We were supposed to go in May 2020 and I was so excited as all the merch looked so great! Hopefully they have just as fun stuff this year.
I complain about the quality of some of the tshirts disney sells, but they come up with some truly adorable merch that outside of some clothing is very well made.

dreday3

No Awesome Mix Live. No F&W acts. No Candlelight Procession. No Disney on Broadway. So... I'm pretty sure there will be no Garden Rocks.

Probably just Mariachi Cobre and VoL continuing to play there since they don't draw packed crowds.

I didn't think so.

Honestly, we never watched the musical acts during Food/Wine, so I doubt we will miss these.

We've never seen Mariachi Cobre so we are super excited to watch them live. The brief videos I've watched of them, they sound amazing!

ToTBellHop

I think I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but I'm not sure I'd object to giant outdoor grills in the showcase with different items in each country.....
Would you rather your grill master be dripping in sweat or rainwater? It is nice that depending on whether the rain comes from the Gulf or the Atlantic, the flavor profile from the rain varies.

“Today’s brisket (because that’s what Disney always means when they say ‘barbecue’) comes with notes of Tampa Bay with a smooth sweat finish from when I threw this on at 10 am.”

DisneyMusician2

Would you rather your grill master be dripping in sweat or rainwater? It is nice that depending on whether the rain comes from the Gulf or the Atlantic, the flavor profile from the rain varies.

“Today’s brisket (because that’s what Disney always means when they say ‘barbecue’) comes with notes of Tampa Bay with a smooth sweat finish from when I threw this on at 10 am.”
Still probably cleaner than my NYC dirty water dogs, but it take your point 😂😂😂

Love Ft Wilderness

Has anybody heard any more details about what vendors may be displaying this year? I love getting ideas from different sources while walking through all of the displays.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Has anybody heard any more details about what vendors may be displaying this year? I love getting ideas from different sources while walking through all of the displays.
Go back and read the original post. It’s billed as the Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Meaning lots of food booths and few (if any) garden/landscape vendors or displays. Sadly the Festival has been eliminating the informational aspect over the past couple years, turning it into “Spring Food & Wine.”

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Go back and read the original post. It’s billed as the Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Meaning lots of food booths and few (if any) garden/landscape vendors or displays. Sadly the Festival has been eliminating the informational aspect over the past couple years, turning it into “Spring Food & Wine.”
Yes that aspect has been missing for several years. It is essentially now just food kiosks with topiary displays and some live entertainment.

castlecake2.0

I was thinking today that there has been a festival happening since the park reopened, which makes me wonder what will happen to all these cast working the festivals after this one ends. Previously the majority of festival cast were CP/CRPs, seasonal, and redeployed cast from water parks. Now that the majority of these people are full timers, thats a lot of people that will need to have something to do after July 5th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom