EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2021

ToTBellHop

I was thinking today that there has been a festival happening since the park reopened, which makes me wonder what will happen to all these cast working the festivals after this one ends. Previously the majority of festival cast were CP/CRPs, seasonal, and redeployed cast from water parks. Now that the majority of these people are full timers, thats a lot of people that will need to have something to do after July 5th.
They’ll start Food and Wine...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was thinking today that there has been a festival happening since the park reopened, which makes me wonder what will happen to all these cast working the festivals after this one ends. Previously the majority of festival cast were CP/CRPs, seasonal, and redeployed cast from water parks. Now that the majority of these people are full timers, thats a lot of people that will need to have something to do after July 5th.
Well, we hoped at one time that by Jul 5, widespread vaccination would bring numbers back to WDW. However, the slow roll-out of vaccinations seems to be pushing that off to the Fall.

However, what we've seen with WDW bumping their capacity from 25% to 35% to 40% is that they don't care. DeSantis would be OK with them being at 100%, and WDW keeps eroding away their distancing protocols. By July, I'm sure there will be a rationalization that there are 'enough' vaccinated to go up to 75% (which is more than their usually daily attendance). So, by then, they'll need more employees.

ToTBellHop

Flowinegartastidaysfest.
You know Walt originally envisioned this. EPCOT was originally named HAFFaW for the four seasonal festivals Walt felt guilty for enjoying while his girls were bored. He dreamt that one day there would be a place for Mom, Dad, and the kids to enjoy $9 mac and cheese, look at paintings of Cinderella, and get stung by a bee.

aliceismad

I've only been to the Flower and Garden Festival, but I love the idea of all-year rotating festivals at Epcot. I know a lot of people think they are just a marketing ploy and excuses to sell expensive merch and food and get locals to come drink their brains out, but I feel like a constant celebration kind of works with the whole World's Fair idea. F&G was beautiful, and the food kiosks were as better than a lot of the other food we had onsite.

JohnD

I've only been to the Flower and Garden Festival, but I love the idea of all-year rotating festivals at Epcot. I know a lot of people think they are just a marketing ploy and excuses to sell expensive merch and food and get locals to come drink their brains out, but I feel like a constant celebration kind of works with the whole World's Fair idea. F&G was beautiful, and the food kiosks were as better than a lot of the other food we had onsite.

I was hoping to go last year and collect special AP magnets then COVID hit. Can't believe it still hasn't been a full year (that's not until mid-March).

ToTBellHop

You know Walt originally envisioned this. EPCOT was originally named HAFFaW for the four seasonal festivals Walt felt guilty for enjoying while his girls were bored. He dreamt that one day there would be a place for Mom, Dad, and the kids to enjoy $9 mac and cheese, look at paintings of Cinderella, and get stung by a bee.
Found some rare concept artwork from Walt’s 1960s Florida Project unveiling.
1610665421079.jpeg

Pity it never happened. Small change and they’d know when there are HalfOff sales at MouseGear.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

No garden displays in Canada is sad. I remember they used to add additional flower beds and even flowers on the mountain. Maybe it’ll be an unpublished “surprise and delight”

ToTBellHop

It is unfortunate that Garden Rocks cannot go on, but I saw the Voices of Liberty show in the Arts festival yesterday, and it is excellent. Mariachi Cobre is quite good as well. Plus you could walk in 5 minutes before showtime and get an excellent seat in an uncrowded outdoor theater.
It’ll be nice to have entertainment return to the stage in Canada, as well.

TinkerTara

It may be chilly outside now, but a hint of spring is in the air as EPCOT prepares for the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival beginning March 3, 2021, at Walt Disney World Resort. With garden-fresh cuisines, creative gardens and unforgettable topiaries, this vibrant festival combines the freshest flowers and flavors from around the world.

jskdgdg01.jpg
jildfgdhdt02.jpg

Guests will be delighted to hear their favorite Character topiaries are coming back – from Mickey, Donald and friends, to Remy, Anna & Elsa, Lady & the Tramp, Figment and more. Our Disney Horticulture team is busy planting, pruning and planning now for the kaleidoscope of bright blooms and floating gardens scattered throughout EPCOT, with each one making a perfect backdrop for family photos.

With more than 20 delectable stops, World Showcase will play host to the festival’s Outdoor Kitchens and other food & beverage locations, offering a smorgasbord of flavors and beverages.

Gardeners of all ages will be invited to participate in Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration – a springtime scavenger hunt starring Spike, the buzzzz-iest honeybee at Walt Disney World. And, guests will “bee” on the lookout for festival-specific merchandise throughout the park.

Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival will run through July 5, and is available with valid admission and a park reservation for the same date. Remember to check for Disney Resort package and hotel offers for your travel dates!

I love the Flower and Garden Festival. Spring is always a time of renewal for me. Up north here and we have white bleak winters and spring brings a hint of new life, warmer days and more sunlight. So the Flower and Garden Festival highlights all that and brings me much joy. I love to see the unique and interesting things Disney can think of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom