News Epcot hours reduced starting July 18th

havoc315

Then in October, arrive at 11 am, ride Rat, grab lunch, park hop somewhere else! Have you heard the good news about BOO BASH?! Bam!

Well... hopefully by around October, also Harmonious.... And early 2022, Guardians of the Galaxy, grab a meal at Space 2020. By late 2021, early 2022.... it may be worth visiting.

UNCgolf

Well... hopefully by around October, also Harmonious.... And early 2022, Guardians of the Galaxy, grab a meal at Space 2020. By late 2021, early 2022.... it may be worth visiting.

It's worth visiting for the Seas, the Land, and Spaceship Earth alone, plus walking around the World Showcase -- at least if half of it wasn't closed because of COVID.

Even in its current state there's more to keep me interested at EPCOT than there is at DHS.

havoc315

It's worth visiting for the Seas, the Land, and Spaceship Earth alone, plus walking around the World Showcase -- at least if half of it wasn't closed because of COVID.

Even in its current state there's more to keep me interested at EPCOT than there is at DHS.

I suspect you’re in the minority. I’ve done Spaceship Earth enough times that I’m not missing anything. The Seas are a very mediocre aquarium. Land Pavilion is still nice though Living the Land could use a refresh.
So it’s walking around the Showcase.. but if you hate the festivals, you won’t enjoy the crowds and booths around the Showcase.

TTA94

Hopefully. Maybe we’ll get a farewell month or two of Epcot Forever around August then Harmonious in October.

UNCgolf

I suspect you’re in the minority. I’ve done Spaceship Earth enough times that I’m not missing anything. The Seas are a very mediocre aquarium. Land Pavilion is still nice though Living the Land could use a refresh.
So it’s walking around the Showcase.. but if you hate the festivals, you won’t enjoy the crowds and booths around the Showcase.

Oh absolutely. I'd be pretty surprised if I wasn't in the minority.

But Spaceship Earth may be my favorite ride at WDW right now (even in its diminished state) so I can ride it repeatedly -- especially since they're likely going to be making changes sometime in the next few years and who knows how that will go. The Seas still has one of the largest aquarium tanks in the world, but I agree that it seems relatively empty compared to the past. I have no idea if that's actually true though and it's certainly not remotely close to being as good as the Georgia Aquarium here in Atlanta. It would be much better if it still had the hydrolaters and old Sea Cabs instead of the bad Nemo ride, though. But yes, the festival crowds around the World Showcase would significantly detract from that experience.

DHS just doesn't offer much to me. Tower of Terror is fantastic, and MMRR looks like a fun ride, but I could completely skip Toy Story Land and not feel like I'd missed anything worthwhile. I'd only ride Slinky Dog if it had a short wait (like 20 minutes, which never happens) and would only consider TSMM as a walk-on; wouldn't ride Alien SS even as a walk-on. I also have no interest in RNRC and think Smuggler's Run is a below average ride. Galaxy's Edge is fine, but not overly impressive without a boarding group for Rise. Even the entrance/main street area is a lot less interesting than it used to be since they've homogenized all the shops.

I'm sure I'm in a tiny minority here as well, but I think I'd probably enjoy myself more/spend more time in the circa 1998-1999 version of DHS compared to the current version.

Last edited:

danv3

Beyond buses, they might actually like having the later opening and closing times for Epcot. With so few attractions operating, it’s not really a rope drop morning park.
It’s more focused on festivals and restaurants.

Food and Wine should be more popular at 9:30 pm than 9:30 am.
The festivals are exactly the reason why it needs to be opening at 9:00. You get major attractions (such as they are) out of the way in the first couple of hours and then you're ready to start snacking/drinking.

donsullivan

Premium Member
They needed REGULAR MAINTENANCE during those 50 years. This is the result of the general cost cutting at EPCoT.
You didn't answer the question- you just continued your rant. Should the attraction have been shut down because the animatronics needed refurbishment? Your deflecting with the old trope of "they should have been ......." which is old and tired.

Refurbishment of things like this typically requires disassembly and given the age I'm sure there are parts that need to be remanufactured custom if they discover anything overly worn or damaged. Whether you like it or not, that cannot be done in a show set location- it must be brought to a shop with the proper materials, surfaces and lighting for the tech to do the work properly and safely. Or would you rather the show tech be sitting on the floor during the show working on a disassembled Donald Duck.

TikibirdLand

You didn't answer the question- you just continued your rant. Should the attraction have been shut down because the animatronics needed refurbishment? Your deflecting with the old trope of "they should have been ......." which is old and tired.

Refurbishment of things like this typically requires disassembly and given the age I'm sure there are parts that need to be remanufactured custom if they discover anything overly worn or damaged. Whether you like it or not, that cannot be done in a show set location- it must be brought to a shop with the proper materials, surfaces and lighting for the tech to do the work properly and safely. Or would you rather the show tech be sitting on the floor during the show working on a disassembled Donald Duck.
If you remember, Donald was pulled down back in, I believe, October for the VERY SAME PROBLEM. Maybe the they saw it needed some long-needed fix then. Wouldn't that been the time to fabricate the new parts? Then, swapping out the parts could be done easily, and likely, overnight. I'm quite familiar with AAs. This one's not very complicated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom